Tuesday, August 24, 2021

Some pictures from the BreyerFest Photo Show

 I have already shared one of the winners in a previous blog post and said I wouldn’t say what placing it got in case she hadn’t been notified yet.  Here it is to help you remember…

Well, I am happy to say she actually won first place!!!  Yay.  And since we all know by now…unless you’re brand new or something lol…how much I love scenery photos, I decided to do a blog post on some of the winners from 2021.  I didn’t even look at the performance or halter classes because I never would’ve been able to pick just a couple from the breed categories I like.  I don’t remember which age categories these came out of but I tried to select one from each group.  I was amazed by the talent!

I don’t remember if I shared this one previously or not and I can’t find the original post, but I know I shared several of the others that were made in the series.  I was surprised to see this picture as the entry.  I would’ve gone with the one taken mid-air…

This next one is just fun.  I’d like to see more like this such as fast food places or something.  But regardless, it reminds me of when my dad, brother and I rented horses from a stable near our house and went through a liquor store drive through and then home to show mom.  I’m sure I’ve shared that story before so I won’t bug you with it again…
I know I’ve said it before, but I’m amazed by the talent and creativity of these people!I can think of it…although I never do…but having the ability to actually execute it is a different story entirely.  lol.  Some of the scenes are quite detailed (is that Indian being killed?)…
and some a little more detailed than I would like (not a fan of hunting) but the scene is still cool and well-done…

Even the kids category had better entries than I could do!  Lol…
Overall, everyone did a good job and I’m glad I didn’t have to judge these classes, although it might’ve been fun.  Congratulations to the winners, I wish I could acknowledge you by name but the photos came from PonyBytes and they didn’t include them but I can put…

*photos courtesy of PonyBytes, Breyer and Instagram 

Okay…so…after two years of virtual BreyerFest people are starting to excitedly hope and plan for an in-person event for 2022.  Of course, we won’t know until January, I think. All that we do know,  I THINK (don’t quote me on that!) is that there’ll be some virtual features about it, but who knows what it will be?  That, not surprisingly, has caused some strong reactions from within the community.  Mostly from people who think it’s not fair to allow people to sit home in air conditioned comfort and buy the SR models while others are in Kentucky, sweating it out in line and, in some cases, ending up in the emergency room.  I can see both sides of the argument.  I would go to Kentucky if I could but because I can’t, for the time being, I’m glad for the two virtual ones they’ve had.  The biggest concern I agree with is how to keep the stay-at-homers (mmm…plastic ponies —-said in my best Homer Simpson voice) from causing shortages at the Horse Park.  They do a pretty good job at that themselves by leaving boxes behind in New Jersey.  Lol.  Hopefully they’ll figure out something to make everyone happy.

Well, I think that’s going to be it for now.  I hope everyone is doing well.  Til next time!



 



2 comments:

  1. Oh WOW! These are sooo cool! Showing true talent and a great eye even if i, like you, Brenda, don't necessarily enjoy the themes. The first one is my favorite! Thanks to all who allowed Brenda to show these and thank you, Brenda, for compiling them all here for us to enjoy! (shan, here)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You’re welcome. I want to try to make a tent like that but I need some canvas and sticks…

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every one.

That’s not fair! Lol

 Okay…so I was looking at Facebook earlier an say a model that caught my eye.  Now, this isn’t a super new mold,but this is only the, what, ...