Monday, February 15, 2021

They can't be serious!

 So, I was looking around at different blogs as I do several times a week to see what is going on and I saw something about the contests for BreyerFest 2021 that has me scratching my head and wondering WTF...

Under official rules it says "Contest is open to legal residents of the US (exculiding AZ, CO, MD, NE, ND and VT) UK and Canada (excluding Quebec) ages 14 and up with a BreyerFest VIP All-Access of BreyerFest 2021 All-Access ticket.  Since when is Arizona (or any other state) excluded from a Breyerfest contest?  And WHY are we being excluded?  And is it for ALL of the BreyerFest contests or just the Best Customs Contest?  I just don't get it.  And from what I've been reading online, I'm not the only one who is confused about which contests this pertains to.  Last year, they had to exclude Canada and UK, which makes sense because they have different rules regarding contests, but they were able to find a loophole for Canada and those in the UK got a goodie bag.  Something tells me those of us in the prohibited states won't get a goodie bag.  Geez.  BF 2021 is still 5 months away and it's already turning out to be BreyerMess 2.0 in my opinion.  It really is a shame, I tell you what.  If I'd been planning to enter any of the contests, I'd be hopping mad by now.  And some people are speculating this exclusion also includes the photo show.  And what changed between last year and this year?  I don't remember there being a restriction on states last year.

In better news, I got an email today saying my Atticus had shipped and is expected to arrive this Wednesday.  That's great!  I'm surprised it's coming so quickly, but I really don't have much hopes it will actually arrive on Wednesday due to all the bad weather going on.  Two Amtrak trains have been canceled due to bad weather in the western part of the country.  Not sure why they have to cancel Amtrak because of snow in Arizona and New Mexico, but not Missouri, where it snows a whole lot more.  Oh well.  Anyway, hopefully my Atticus will arrive on Wednesday and he'll be beautiful and flaw-free.  

I guess that's it for now.  And because I think all blog posts need a photo, I'll share this one from the Breyerfest blog.  It features three of my favorite SM molds and I just think it looks real neat.  It looks like maybe it was made for Celtic Fling last year and was a Diorama entry, but I didn't see those so I don't know.  And I'm guessing on the year based on what little I can see of the front of the box the base is in.  That round thing on the right looks kind of Celtic Knot-ish.  hahaha.

I wish they'd said who owned it because it really is cool-looking, although maybe I would've put one of the grey horses in the background rather than have two up front.  They obviously wanted two walking horses in the water so they could've put chestnut Standing TB in the water with the "Loping QH" (aka Dungaree) since the Standing TB isn't exactly standing still.  I think the colors would've looked better by mixing them up a little.  But what do I know?  I "subscribe" to Eccentric Uncle Bob and his "Happy Little Trees".  hahahaha.  Regardless, it's still a neat entry.  But I already said that, didn't I? 

Til next time!


4 comments:

  1. Ooooooooooh yeah, contest mess dead ahead...no wait, we’re there. I don’t remember any restrictions last year (for US residents) for the contests either. I just read that someone emailed Breyer about the omitted states and they got the reply of sorry...
    The diorama contest information was a bit vague, but there is a new post about it in Breyerfest blog (I haven’t read it yet, just saw it was posted today). It should give more details about what Breyer wants.
    Hope your Atticus shows up, my VC Julius is still stuck in Illinois, and has been there for days, lol! I’m holding out ordering Atticus, but I’m thinking I just may go ahead and order him already.
    I really like that photo too-it’s very well done. I like the splashing hooves and reflections in the stream. Maybe eccentric Uncle Bob should enter the diorama contest (oops, never mind, he lives in the wrong state).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha. Poor Eccentric Uncle Bob. Thought a life in Arizona was going to be amazing, only to find out Breyer doesn't like Arizona. A couple of people who did research on why those states don't qualify for the contests and weren't able to find a single thing about Arizona. So maybe they have something against Eccentric Uncle Bob. Who knows?

      Thank you for the heads up on the new post about the restrictions. I'm pretty sure there weren't any last year. Not in the US anyway. I will have to read what they wrote.

      Hopefully your Julius shows up soon. Nobody wants to be stuck in Illinois!

      Delete
  2. (shan, here) Unfortunately, i think Arizona falls into the "anti-contest" because officials think there's a gambling issue going on with Breyer's contests... So unfair and makes me mad, too, of course. But i don't think it is Breyer's fault. i think the only reason Breyer could let AZ and NE and all the other mentioned states get away with entering last year was that Breyerfest was LIVE at first and the loophole allowed those states to enter because of this. As in they had no idea until later they were gonna be an online/virtual thing only back in 2020. This time around, Breyer cannot get around it since they have already declared it an online/virtual only Breyerfest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But why is it suddenly an issue THIS year? It wasn't last year and nothing has changed. Plus, gambling is legal in Arizona.

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every one.

That’s not fair! Lol

 Okay…so I was looking at Facebook earlier an say a model that caught my eye.  Now, this isn’t a super new mold,but this is only the, what, ...