Wednesday, May 12, 2021

Introducing Crane....Birds of a Feather series...

 

From Breyer:  The third release in our Birds of a Feather series features the crane.  Refined and long-legged, the crane can appear to be motionless and disappear into the background while it waits, yet moves in a flash when its dinner swims near.  In flight, these graceful birds are easy to spot with their impressive wingspans and long legs trailing behind them.
Elegant and watchful, “Crane” appears as serene as his feathered namesake.  Designed by Sommer Prosser, this Thoroughbred’s softly shaded chalky coat features light dappling and warm cream shading on his tail.  His coloring and proudly arched neck gives him a distinctly Crane-like air.

So...what can I say?  No model since Acadia have I wanted so much.  When Acadia was released, I signed up for three additional accounts for a total of four and didn’t win...do I want to do that again or just take my chances with the one?  Entry rules only say one per person not one per household or address.  I did ask for extra entries on Blab, but who knows how that will go?  

Crane is gorgeous, in my opinion and I’m glad he’s not some funky peacock color or something.  He’s the coloring of a regular horse.  I have to laugh at part of their description of him...”proudly arched neck”?  Where is an arched neck on this model, proud or otherwise?  Lol.

Well, regardless...wish me luck on winning him.  Til next time...

4 comments:

  1. I also laughed at the “proudly arched neck” bit! Lolololololol!
    I must say that he looks really nice in this color. But the dapples are worrisome as we all know Breyer’s track record with those. When I got my PC Rhian and Cadell (Welsh pony mare and foal), I had to send them back due to the terrible dapples on the light grey mare. Those dapples were REALLY bad. I’m not very fussy, but this was too much. That was the first and only time I had ever sent a model back for an exchange. The foal was absolutely flawless. I received a much better mare, so that ended well. Here’s hoping the painters used a light hand when painting the dapples!
    Best of luck to you Brenda, I really hope you get him!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don’t know that I’ve ever had a grey model with horrible crapples...especially on one where I’d want to go through the hassle of returning it. And there’s always that fear you will get a refund instead of a replacement since they don’t always make extras.

      Delete
  2. I got mine today. Maybe it’ll help to hear that his dappling is done really poorly 😞 so you didn’t miss out. They’re all neatly lined up fish scales. Looks like someone just took an airbrush and went across him in nice little rows. He looks like from a distance, but can’t help but think that for $185, they should’ve been done better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’m sorry to hear you got one with bad dapples. All of the pictures I’ve seen, thy weren’t 100% perfect but acceptable. I’m glad you got one, though, congratulations

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every one.

That’s not fair! Lol

 Okay…so I was looking at Facebook earlier an say a model that caught my eye.  Now, this isn’t a super new mold,but this is only the, what, ...