Wednesday, May 19, 2021

Third test run of 2021...

 From the Breyer website:

Exclusive for Breyer Collector Club Members!  This unique model was created during the process of developing our portrait model of Dressage superstar Buckeye!  The Saddle Mule (also known as Brown Sunshine #484), was sculpted by Bonnie Shields and was first released in 1996.  This test run is painted as a leopard/near-leopard Appaloosa with speckling, dynamic shading and, of course, lots of spots!  Appaloosa spots in mules are often “skewed” and appear a bit different than the Appaloosa patterns found in horses - they are typically very loud with larger spots.

He is priced at $1,350!!!!!

The website says he’s in pretty good condition with just a couple of rubs on the body and ear tips so I imagine the price reflects that.  

Price aside, he’s pretty neat-looking and it I had a money tree I might consider entering for it.


I do have the money to pay for him should I win him, but considering I’m not willing to pay the current second hand prices of Crane, I’m not going to spend three times as much on a model I only sort of like.  I have Buckeye because I wanted to get the saddle pack that was released about the same time...did I get it? I don’t remember lol...

Unfortunately I didn’t win a Crane and, as already mentioned, the second hand prices are astronomical.  I didn’t think Emerson was that popular of a model.  Hopefully I will get pulled from the wait list, although I never have.  Oh well.  I will add him to my grail list with Acadia.

Well, that’s it for now.  Til next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every one.

That’s not fair! Lol

 Okay…so I was looking at Facebook earlier an say a model that caught my eye.  Now, this isn’t a super new mold,but this is only the, what, ...