Monday, May 3, 2021

Ohhhh phooey...and then...

 Hiya.  Long time, no see, huh?  I apologize for my extended absence.  Without going into too many details, I was admitted to the hospital in mid-March with what turned out to be multiple infections after coming down with a nasty flu the week before.  After 4 days I was supposed to be released but after 4 days of being in bed I found myself being talked into going to a rehab center, where I still am.  I won’t go into that as it’s a long story and I am still typing one handed.  But I can do it well enough to start blogging again.

I have missed a whole lot in the hobby world over the past few weeks such as surprise web releases and the biggie, True Blue Breyer...

I really dislike all the virtual stuff going on but since this has an Australian theme and I’ll likely never go there, I decided to enter for the chance at a ticket.  I felt guilty for potentially taking a spot away from an Australian hobbyist, but then I saw it was an online event.  Plus, I HAD to have the celebration model...
So I, and likely hundreds more, entered.  Unfortunately,  I didn’t win and people are already selling theirs for a crazy amount on the secondary market.  Grrrr.  Oh well.  There was also a Classic series web special that I missed out on because it sold out long before I heard about it, which led me to the reason for this blog post.

  First, I will explain the title.  I ordered from Amazon and set the shipping address to the rehab center because I was buying them to cheer me up.  They were supposed to arrive today and I got notification that it had been delivered, but when I opened the email the photo showed my front door...well, phooey...what a bummer.  While I was calling Amazon all sorts of names, someone came into my room with a box...yay!  I knew right away what it was and all was right again.  

So...I got the new Pintos and Palominos Gift Set...

and three Horse Foal Surprise sets...

I got family 13 and 15 so I’m not real sure why I showing a photo of the one I DIDNT get.  Lol.  I want both so I will buy them on the secondary market or trade with someone down the road when I am able to get to the post office in a reasonable amount of time.

Well, if you have stuck around during my hiatus, I certainly appreciate it.  I hope everyone is doing well and til next time.


6 comments:

  1. Oh Yay! You got your order then?! The way i read it was Amazon sent it to your home address...So did Amazon then take it to the Rehab place or did bro take your package to the Rehab place? Either way, i am soooo glad you got some cheering! Hugs! (shan, here)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No. Actually the other package was a different order. The one with the SMs was delivered to the rehab place.

      Delete
  2. Yay! Glad that you are back to blogging, you received your Amazon package, and that you are doing better.
    I also put in for the True Blue event but wasn’t drawn. I actually like 3 of the models (Croi, Old Timer, and the Clydesdale mare); there have been events when I didn’t care for any of the models offered. I even liked the True Blue event models, Bondi and Roo. Oh well, maybe I’ll be drawn another time. This won’t be the last event, I’m sure. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Now I just need to get caught up on my blog reading.

      I don’t like any of the True Blue specials just Bondi but I was willing to pay the entry fee just for him. Lol. I like the Old Timer...the contrast in his harness and body color...but he looks funny without the blinkers and hat.

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every one.

That’s not fair! Lol

 Okay…so I was looking at Facebook earlier an say a model that caught my eye.  Now, this isn’t a super new mold,but this is only the, what, ...