Wednesday, January 13, 2021

The reveal I've been waiting for!!!!!!!!

 After I published yesterday's post, a few hours later Breyer released another model.  That is not the one I've been waiting for.  But first, the non-equine model.

Today, we are inspired by the classics and are traveling back to ancient Greece.  Meet Knossos...

This handsome bull was inspired by the Bull-Leaping Fresco at the Palace of Knossos in Crete, which dates back to 1450 BCE.  The beautifully restored artwork features three figures engaging in an activity known only as "bull leaping" but the purpose of this activity has been lost to history.  Based on art styles from the period, scholars have determined that the pale figures in the fresco are women, while the darker, leaping figure is a man.  Our Knossos, created exclusively for BreyerFest, has been done as a wild-type Brindle Piebald bull on Chris Hess' Spanish Fighting Bull (mold #73), which was first released in 1970.
Hmmm.  Well, they say the darker figure is "leaping" but to me it looks more like he's about to be "yeeted" (tossed).  Of course, it doesn't help that he's facing the tail end of the bull.   The only non-equine model I collect, and I only have one set, is the bears.  I have the ones from the silver anniversary Breyerfest, but they're not the silver ones, just the regular ones.  I like bears.  Mostly Grizzlies.  I do collect the Companion Animals, though, but those are small.

So...the reveal I've been waiting for.  The shhhh!!! Secret! model.

We have spent a lot of time exploring historical art located in Europe and produced by European artists, but today we are crossing the Mediterranean and heading to Africa! (which is funny since the Marwari is from India)

Tassili n'Ajjer is a UNESCO World Heritage Site and National Park located in the Sahara Desert in Southern ALgeria.  This massive site is home to sandstone rock formations engraved with over 15,000 images, including cattle, antelope and people, that date to the Neolithic period - about 12,000 years ago...
Our Tassili model for BreyerFest pays homage to this amazing historical site that is a window into the past of humans and art.  He has been done as a bright, coppery chestnut tobiano pinto with a glossy finish, which reminds us of the color of sandstone.  Originally sculpted by Brigitte Eberl, the Marwari (mold #722) was first released in 2012 as a Premier Club model but has more recently been our 2017 Celebration Horse, Nazruddin...

At least they didn't sculpt him like the drawing with 4 front legs, 4 back legs and his tail tied to a couple of wheels.  hahaha.  Tassili reminds me a lot of Kalahkaari from the Premier Club, but mostly because it's chestnut and white.  Tassili has a lot more white than Kalahkaari does...
Well, looking at them together I guess they're not all that similar other than being the same mold.  It looks like Tassili is a lighter color of chestnut and the pattern is definitely different.  Either way, I plan on getting a Tassili since I conga that mold.  And, as I've mentioned before, I'm super happy they used the original mold with the turned ears rather than the "updated" version.

So, apparently Breyer is going to release another model later today.  They would.  Why can't they do one a day like they usually do?  hahaha.  Yes, I'm whining and complaining...sort of.  I'm going to go ahead and publish this blog and will probably post a new one when the other model is revealed.  We shall see.  Til next time!





2 comments:

  1. YES!!! THe (shhhh!!! Secret!) Marwari!!! Gotta have! (shan, here) Also want the bull. i tried collecting ONLY the Bison and Longhorn but....Ugh. Hubby loves the Fighting Bull, so...

    i am...kinda pleased with the theme this year-art, mostly. So now my Art History has come back to visit me, heheh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have no interest in the bull but I know a lot of people do. If it was a bison I would probably have to get it for my bro since he loosely collects that mold.

      Yeah, I kinda figured you'd like the theme as it has turned out. hahaha. It didn't seem very "artsy" initially.

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every one.

That’s not fair! Lol

 Okay…so I was looking at Facebook earlier an say a model that caught my eye.  Now, this isn’t a super new mold,but this is only the, what, ...