Wednesday, January 13, 2021

"Amazing in Technicolor"

 Well, that's a matter of opinion.  hahaha.

We are absolutely seeing spots here at HQ!  You met the handsome (and SO glossy) Tassili this morning and we could not wait to reveal this next guy to you.

American artist Jackson Pollock (1912-1956) is most famously remembered for his splatter and drip paintings, where he would splash, splatter, pour and tip a horizontal canvas to get the desired effect.  While his career was cut short, Pollock is widely considered to be one of the greatest modern American Painters and his works hang in museums all over the world.

The Greyed Rainbow 1953
The painting reminds me of a bunch of ice cubes.  Mmmmm.  Ice Cubes.  Yes, I like good ice cubes.  I'm a Cube Cruncher.  hahaha.

Our Pollock model, a tribute to this revolutionary artist, has been done on Valegro (mold# 737...isn't that an airplane?) sculpted by Brigitte Eberl.  Like the paintings from this visionary, Pollock sports a wild combination of layers - a pintaloosa pattern with a variegated rainbow coat, golden spots and is topped with gloss!  Sure to be as how-stopper and conversation piece!
This model is very...interesting.  I love the Valegro mold.  Have since Day 1.  I even have the gold one, although it's still in its box.  I just don't like this one.  Why did they have to make it technicolor?  They used the painting The Greyed Rainbow in the description so why couldn't they have made it a splattered grey appaloosa like the one from the 2014 Vintage Club on the Indian Pony mold...
Don't you think Valegro would look STUNNING in the black "splatter" appy?  I certainly do.  Definitely much better than the Lisa Frank-esque colorway they did him in.  I didn't like Lisa Frank when I was younger and I don't like her stuff now...especially on a model that I really REALLY like.  So...alas...I will not be getting this model.  And in case you haven't noticed, I generally use the verbiage from the Breyerfest Blog when talking about the reveals...or even web specials...I might change the order of the paragraphs or combine paragraphs and I leave out what I consider to be unnecessary punctuation, but for the most part, it's what you'll find on the website.  So did you notice what is missing from this post?  The model's NAME.  Unless "Amazing In Technicolor" IS the name?  Or maybe it's "Pollock"...looking at the FB post by them I think I'm inclined to think the model's name is Pollock.    As for the model being "Amazing in technicolor"...I don't think so.  But that's just my opinion, of course.

So...as I mentioned before I have the next few days off from work.  Monday is a planned work holiday due to it being MLK Day and I decided to take off Thursday and Friday to make it a longer weekend.  I think Jake the Farrier wants to take some of his relations out into the desert and leave them there...er... I mean show them the "joys" of the desert.  hahaha.  I wonder what will happen and who will trust him enough to go.  <big evil grin>  Tune in and find out.  Til next time!



4 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, Brenda!!! You are brilliant!!! In order to properly represent Pollock's painting, "The Greyed Rainbow", Breyer SHOULD have made Valegro just like the Vintage Club "Isabelle" Indian Pony!!! WOW!!! That couldn't have been more perfect! Ugh. Now i want Valegro more as a dapple black/grey more than an actual rainbow!! Grr!!! shan, here, and i cannot wait to see what Jake the farrier does to, er, ahem, i mean does with his relatives....Heheh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It just makes more sense. They used that painting as an example of Pollock so it would make sense to use a paint colorway that better represents the painting and the Lisa Frank multi-color isn't it. hahaha.

      Delete
  2. While I love Pollock, I do agree with you that he would have been a better match in a dark grey splatter dapple. You know, to look “greyed,” like the rainbow in the painting...lol.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every one.

That’s not fair! Lol

 Okay…so I was looking at Facebook earlier an say a model that caught my eye.  Now, this isn’t a super new mold,but this is only the, what, ...