Tuesday, January 12, 2021

The Non-Reveal of a Reveal...wait...what?

 Today's reveal isn't an actual reveal.  Not a picture reveal anyway, but a name reveal.  Are you confused yet?

We can't reveal this model to you just yet - we can't even give you so much as a clue!  What we can reveal is that we have pulled out all the stops for this year's Surprise Model, the Seven Arts Surprise.  There will be a total of 6,000 of this model made and each will cost $85.00 - but that's all we'll say!

The Seven Arts refers to the traditional subdivision of the arts - Architecture, Sculpture, Painting, Literature, Music, Performing Arts and Film.  Here's to a beautiful and creative 2021.

Hmmm.  I hope this doesn't mean it's going to be ALL decorators.  I know usually at least one of the 4 models is a decorator and that's fine.  I am just hoping they don't make all 4 of them decos.  It will be interesting to see how they translate the 7 Arts into horses.  I guess we will have to wait and see.

On a non-hobby note...I booked my hotel for my return to Las Vegas in April.  I saw that the resort chain I stay at is having a room sale...40% off...so I looked at the Bellagio and at the Mirage and decided to go with the Mirage again.  It sucks that the resort fee is almost as much as the room rate so it's not super cheap, but I can live with it.  I booked a Volcano View room.  I could've gotten a Penthouse Suite for the same price as a Lakeview Room at the Bellagio, but the problem with being on the upper 4 floors is that because of the signage for the Beatles Cirque show Love, it affects the view out the window, which I really disliked the last time I was there.  I like being able to see out the window and not have the view distorted by little circles.  The sign isn't solid to where you can't see out the window at all, but it's still pretty obnoxious. It bothers my eyes... 
The smaller photo isn't too bad, but when you look at it full-sized, all those little circles are really bad on my eyes.  So anyway, I will be staying at the Mirage again.  I'm happy.  The Bellagio is a great hotel, don't get me wrong.  I stayed there once and the bed was super comfy, but I decided to go a little more budget this time so I'll have more money for other things, you know?  Plus, the Mirage has some pretty convenient things nearby and just has a more relaxed atmosphere, in my opinion.   

Well, I guess that is it for today.  Tune in tomorrow for either my regularly scheduled Wednesday nonsense or more from Breyer...or both!  hahaha.  Til next time!


2 comments:

  1. Being an artist, (shan, here) it kinda thrills me that Breyer is theming the Arts this year! And even though i love the offerings this year, i wish Breyer could/would come closer to likening their horses to the actual art like, Brenda, your suggestion of a dapple black for Jackson Pollock's "Greyed Rainbow" instead of a brilliantly colored rainbow.

    YAY!!! Soooo glad you are booked for April!!! i hope you have a splendid and relaxing time all at the same time! So the tiny circles you are referring to when you go to the Bellagio, is that the way the screen is made on the window?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dapple black would've been so awesome for Valegro since they used the Greying Rainbow painting as "inspiration"...so-called inspiration anyway.

      I don't know how to describe what the circles are. It's not a screen like a regular window screen. It's created by the "wrap" used for the Beatle's sign. If you look at the previous blog about Las Vegas, you'll see the sign on the building. It's not a solid sign where you're unable to look out the window at all.

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every one.

That’s not fair! Lol

 Okay…so I was looking at Facebook earlier an say a model that caught my eye.  Now, this isn’t a super new mold,but this is only the, what, ...