Monday, January 11, 2021

Seeing Spots...

 Okay.  So Breyer has another reveal for us today.  If they're going to reveal every day, I don't know what I'm going to do.  Should I save up a couple of days or just go ahead and post daily?  But I'm off work Thursday, Friday and Monday so I don't know... We shall see.

As we continue our reveals of this year's Special Run models inspired by the art world, we are taking a journey to the more recent past to introduce you to the inspiration behind our next model - Seurat.

Georges Seurat was a young artist (he died at the age of 31) who lived and worked in France during the second half of the 19th century and is most well-known for his use of pointillism in his paintings.  These incredible works displayed Seurat's knowledge of color theory as he created stunning images composed solely of tiny dots...

Our Seurat for this year's BreyerFest celebration isn't compsed solely of dots, but his many dapples reminded us of Seurat's amazing paintings.  He has been done as a handsome dapple sooty palomino with a pearly mane and tail on the Friesian Sporthorse (mold #806), sculpted by Lynn Fraley and recently released in the 2020 Premier Club...
Hmmm.  I like the color, but I'm not so sure about the mold.  There's something about the head that just doesn't click with me.  And I have a hard time seeing a Friesian as anything other than solid black.  And according to Breed Characteristics, chestnuts and bays exist in some bloodlines, but not since the 1930s.  And a palomino doesn't fall under chestnut or bay last time I checked.  hahaha.  I don't know.  I just wish the head was positioned a little different.  If you're a performance shower then I guess the pricked ears are good because it shows the horse is engaged and intent, but for just a general model, it seems to be too much.  But that's just my opinion.  He's pretty enough.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every one.

That’s not fair! Lol

 Okay…so I was looking at Facebook earlier an say a model that caught my eye.  Now, this isn’t a super new mold,but this is only the, what, ...