Monday, January 11, 2021

Getting caught up...

 Over the weekend there were a couple more SR reveals.  It can be difficult to save pictures on my iPad Mini so I didn't blog about them, but I will now because I'm on a desktop computer.

First up, is Pech Merle, a tribute to the eternal relationship between horses and humans...

Dating to more than 29,000 years ago, the cave paintings of Pech Merle in France are one of the oldest representations of horses in art (only slightly younger than the Vogelherd Figurines unearthed in Germany) and were discovered by a group of teenagers exploring the cave system in 1922.  Among the various representations of animals and humans depicted on the massive cave walls are a series of "dappled horses" that bear a striking resemblance to appaloosas.

In 1482, the Duke of Milan commissioned Leonardo Da Vinci to create for him what would have been, at the time, the largest bronze horse statue in the world - standing at a massive 26 feet tall.  In preparation for his creation, Leonardid did an extensive amount of research on horses, and even wrote two separate tretises dedicated to the project - one on horse anatomy, and the other included detailed project plans for this commission.  Leoardo's Horse, also known as Gran Cavallo, were unfortunately never created and the original clay model was ultimatey destroyed.

To pay homage to this artistic visionary, BreyerFest has added its own version of Leonardo's Gran Cavallo.  Done on the Peruvian Paso (mold #576), sculpted by Linda York, this handsome boy has been done in a beautiful rich mohagany liver chestnut sabino...

In addition to these two models, Breyer has "revealed" what the weekend will look like.  It will be a mix of live content, streamed on BreyerHorses.com plus pre-recorded content - much of which you'll be able to access at your leisure during the three-day weekend.  This pre-recorded content will include workshops, seminars, horse demonstrations from our amazing equine guests, interviews with horses owners, virtual tours, access to amazing films and may other fun things.

BreyerFest will also host model horse photos shows, live (online) model horse showing clinics, live (online) model horse hobby workshops, contests and, of course - shopping!  Please know that we are working diligently to address any lingering concerns from 2020 and have a couple of tricks up our sleeves to make sure that your shopping experience is one of joy next summer, and not frustration.

HA.  I'll believe it when I see it.  We were assured last year that everything would run smoothly but it was nothing but one issue after another.  But I already spoke enough on that and feel it would be, if you will excuse the bad phrase, beating a dead horse.  Obviously, we're not going to know until July if this will be BreyerMess 2.0 or if they actually have worked all the kinks out, but I know I'm not the only one who doubts that.

So, back to the models.  What do you think so far?  I've never been a huge fan of John Henry because the mold is lumpy-looking, but the appaloosa pattern kind of masks that.  And while I like the pattern on the Gran Cavallo, I'm not so much a fan of the mold so I doubt I'll get that one.

I imagine Breyer will be releasing another model some time today.  If they do, I will probably do a new post rather than add onto this one.  I don't want the posts to get too long and people lose interest halfway through.  hahahaha.  So, til next time!


2 comments:

  1. (shan, here) What do i think so far? i LOVE JH because he's spotty, of course. As for the lumps? For some reason i thought the lumpiness of John Henry has been fixed? He's been smooth, now, since Seabiscuit, i believe.

    i also rather enjoy the Peruvian Paso mold; you could say i "loosely" collect the mold, lol. So i definitely want Leonardo's Gran Cavallo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have JH's lumps been fixed? I guess I haven't paid much attention. I had the original JH ages ago and it isn't like they've made a whole lot of models on him so I guess he kind of flew under the radar.

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every one.

That’s not fair! Lol

 Okay…so I was looking at Facebook earlier an say a model that caught my eye.  Now, this isn’t a super new mold,but this is only the, what, ...