Tuesday, January 19, 2021

Time to get caught up!

Hi, Everyone.  I've missed a few days of reveals so I'm catching up now.  hahaha.  I'm sure none of this is new to anyone, but that's okay.

First up, we have Ansel, a blue roan frame overo pinto, reminiscent of Ansel Adams' evocative photographs.  He is done on the brand new Morgan (mold #807) sculpted by Kylee Parks and was initially released as a Premier Club model in 2020...

Next up is a portrait model of a warmblood mare named Queen of Hearts, aka Josie.  she is a chimera with brindle markings on one side and solid color on the other...believed to occur when two non-identical embryos fuse together in utero...
Breyer usually shows both sides of a model, but they didn't with this one so I guess we can only assume that the right side is solid.  Interesting.

Prisma is this year's crystal model.  I think they should've photographed him on a colored background because the white makes it difficult to get a good appreciation of him...
Best of Breyerfest Series 2 is a collection of shrunken down Traditional scale prize models from BF 2011 as an anniversary of BreyerFest: Fairytales...
I really only like the two on the far right, but I will take the entire set.  Hopefully, if I decide to buy an All-Access Ticket, I will be able to get one.  I never was able to get the set from last year because they kept selling out.

Rheverence+ is another portrait model.  He is a buckskin overo Pinto that competes in both Arabian and Pinto Horse Association events in hunter under saddle, English pleasure and Western pleasure as well as Western Dressage...
While attractive, he doesn't hold a candle to Sioux City Warrior, who cleaned up in the show ring back in the 1980s.  That horse was an absolute stunner and because he won so much in the Pinto events, he was "invited" not to return.  hahaha.  I don't like the mold they used for him so that will be an easy pass for me.  I find it interesting, though, that the real Rhev, his mane is on the right side of his neck, but the model version, it's flipped to the other side.

Favrile glass is a type of iridescent glass that was first manufactured in Queens, New York in 1896 using a special, patented process.  This model has been done in a kaleidoscope of colors inspired by Favrile glass and sports a bright, multicolor deco with a shiny gold pattern on top that is an amalgamation of zebra and tiger stripes, as well as Leopard and Cheetah spots (where's the cheetah spots?)
Apollo de Solis is an Andalusian stallion with a coat of gleaming metallic gold and dark green eyes...green eyes?  On a horse?  I don't think I've ever seen any eye color other than brown and blue.  Unfortunately, the pictures don't show his green eyes very well.  His coat is registered as a "Bay Double Pearl" and will give the recessive pearl gene to each of his offspring, which expresses itself in metallic shades when combined with another pearl genee and will emulate a cremello or perlino when combined with a cream gene...

He's a neat-looking horse, but I don't really collect the mold so I don't think I will be in the market for one.  I haven't entirely decided if I'm going to buy a ticket this year or not.  If I don't, that almost guarantees the Surprise! model will be one I collect.  hahaha.

Finally, we are down to the Single Day Stablemate models...
This year's BreyerFest has been inspired by color, creativity and community and we felt there was no more inspiring way to bring that theme to life than through an exploration of the art world.  We've travelled back in time and across the globe learning about historic works and influential people, but for the year's event Stablemates models we've been inspired by broader strokes - art movements!   Hmmm.  What can I say about this set?  This is the first time in a few years where I haven't wanted at least one of them.  I like the colorway on the SCO...Rococo...but not so much the mold.  I like the mold of Avant Garde, but not so much the color.  hahaha.  They say he's a Fjord, but he looks more like the Cleveland Bay.  So I won't be getting them.

Well, it's a bit odd but also kind of neat that we know so far in advance what all of the offerings for Breyerfest are but...I'm underwhelmed.  With the exception of the (shhhh!!! secret!) Marwari, I'm quite underwhelmed and not really thinking it will be worth for me to buy a ticket, which is a bit of a bummer, but that's good for my bank account, right?  Hopefully it won't be too expensive to get Tassili on the secondary market.  Even with the All-Access Ticket being only $75 this year...I don't know.  We'll see, I guess.  I don't have to decide right now.  I kind of like the Celebration Model, but do I like her enough to buy the All Access ticket.  

I guess that's it now.  Everything is revealed so short of anything major happening, Breyerfest blog posts are done for now.  hahaha.  Til next time.

5 comments:

  1. (shan, here) Hmmmm. On the SMs, i don't much like the FS. Not a huge fan of the Fjord mold. So i loved last year's Single Days a lot more. POh well. As for the Apollo D Solis, um heck yeah! LOVE the color and the mold! Also love the AD classic
    Favrile! Gonna need the SM BF SRs 2011 minis! Love Rheverence, too! Gotta have Ansel! Guess the only things this BF has i don't want are the Josie and i am on the fence about the Palomino Seurat...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I DEFINITELY liked last year's SM offerings more. I'm not surprised you like Apollo. I think I knew you conga that mold...? Not entirely sure. From the picture provided, though, he's only loosely based on the real horse. You can't see the real horse's legs so I don't know if they're as dark as the Breyer version, but the mane and tail aren't.

      Delete
    2. (shan, here) Yep! You got that right that i conga the Esprit! :D i wonder if Apollo will match the "pearl" Hero's Welcome Surprise Andy from 2019? i kinda hope so as i really love that color as it has grown on me. i used to not want anything to do with any horses having metallics in their colorway! Now, i seem to love it, hahaha!

      Delete
    3. Who knows what it will be. Hopefully it's something you like beyond just the mold. :)

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every one.

That’s not fair! Lol

 Okay…so I was looking at Facebook earlier an say a model that caught my eye.  Now, this isn’t a super new mold,but this is only the, what, ...