Wednesday, November 11, 2020

Hotel California --- Model Horse Style...

 And, with a twist.  The line "You can check out any time you like, but you can't never leave" should be changed to "You can check in any time you like, but you'll never be seen again!"  hahahaha.  

I have no idea how many (Breyer) dolls I have.  I have a "doll drawer" so I know I have the vet doll and from this picture I know I have a Classic size doll and the rider doll from the Western Riding set with the pinto San Domingo...                            

I *think* I have the polo player, too, but I don't remember.  I know I have the grey polo horse so it would make sense that I have the player, too, since I have the tack set, but I have no photographic evidence of such.  I also want to say I have another one or two dolls, but I also don't remember.  And I don't know where ANY of these dolls are.  I know where the dogs are, but not the dolls.  Nor do I know of where the tack is for the Western doll.  I know where the horse is, but not the doll or tack.  hahaha.

But it's the tack that has brought about this post.  Just a few weeks ago, I posted a blog about Eccentric Uncle Bob trying to saddle Freddie.  And now the saddle set is missing.  I  have a drawer near my desk that I've started putting my accessories and dolls in...
I see one of the polo wraps, but that's it.  So, where the heck did an entire Polo tack set go?  Oh, and where is the doll that red hunt coat belongs to?  Okay.  They belong to the smallest of the 3 dolls in the top picture, but she's still missing even though I have her hunt coat and saddle/saddle pad, which is visible in the above photo.  The saddle pad, I mean.  I bought her to use as a young rider.  

So where are these things?  And how could I lose something so quickly that I just had a few weeks ago?  Hotel California, I tell you.  You can check in anytime you want, but you'll never bee seen again.  hahaha.

I got my copy of Just About Horses a couple of days ago.  I finally looked at it last night, but it didn't hold my interest long enough to do much more than read a few lines of an article here and there.  I looked at all the pictures, but as a magazine it didn't initially spark my interest enough to read an entire article.  It's a shame, really, because I used to love reading it from cover to cover the moment I got it.  I still miss it arriving more frequently than once a year.  You'd think that since it only comes once a year I would be excited to read it, but no.  Maybe I was just too distracted, although I don't know by what.  I will give it a couple of days then look at it again.  There were a couple of articles that looked like they might be interesting.  We'll see.

I am participating in Secret Santa on Blab and I'm off to a good start, I think.  I tried to do it before, but the model I bought on ebay never showed up and then I ended up in the hospital for 3 days so I wasn't able to fulfill my  part.  I felt bad and I notified the person in charge, but I still ended up on the "naughty list" and was unable to participate in any further swaps.  Well, this year I decided to email the girl in charge and ask for another chance.  She gave it to me.  Yay.  I took a chance on ebay again and this time, the model showed up.  I was relieved.  The thing that got me about the other time is that the person who was selling the model was on Blab and was someone I'd spoken to / interacted with quite a bit and she turned into a witch about the whole thing.  I filed complaints everywhere I could because the model was never delivered, but because it was marked as delivered, both PayPal and Ebay ruled against me.  I'm grateful that nowadays, they often take a picture of your package when they deliver it.  It would've helped back then because I would've been able to see if it had actually been delivered.  Anyway, so I got the model already and everything else can be acquired locally.  I need to do that soon so I can mail the box off in the next couple of weeks so it arrives before Christmas.  I do tend procrastinate, though.  hahaha.  We have a deadline for when the box should be mailed and I will make it, but my goal is to mail it well ahead of that time.  And I would be lying if I said I wasn't excited to get my box full of goodies.  My family (brother, mother and myself) doesn't exchange gifts anymore so if I get something at Christmas it's something I bought myself.

Well, I think that's it for now.  Til next time.


4 comments:

  1. Wow! Missing dolls. Missing tack. i thought i was the only one? HAHAHA! i am missing my duplicate glossy Cosette. i bought it from Breyer for 50 bux thinking it was a good investment for trade fodder. But cannot do that if i cannot find it, lol.

    i am glad they gave you another chance on blab. i am also really sorry the one that sold you the pony for your SS didn't make it good. i really enjoyed doing the Secret Santa the two times i participated!

    Yeah, that's me. i look at the pix [in JAH} and don't read most of the articles anymore. i miss receiving them (the mags) 6 times a year, but i can understand it is cost-prohibitive. That's why my two Kelly friends aren't writing any more Collector books. Sigh.

    shan, here, and i am...woefully behind reading your blogs, but beg your forgiveness and i also beg you to keep on doing them as they are awesome and i really enjoy them! Admittedly i am getting to know my sister in law online when i get online.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’m glad to know I’m not the only one who misplaces stuff. Lol. I’m pretty sure I haven’t misplaced anything so large as a model. Dolls and tack are easier to misplace due to their much smaller size.

      I never got to go back and read JAH. Bro spilled sparking water on it and it kind of fell apart and it got tossed before it dried enough for me to look at it again.

      Delete
    2. shan, here. i can mail you mine as i have an extra laying around here somewhere, lol.

      Delete
    3. If you have an extra one, that would be great! I had an extra, too, but I recycled it since I didn't "need" two of them. Turns out, apparently I did! hahaha.

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every one.

That’s not fair! Lol

 Okay…so I was looking at Facebook earlier an say a model that caught my eye.  Now, this isn’t a super new mold,but this is only the, what, ...