Wednesday, September 2, 2020

Jake the Farrier's Family Grows...

In my last blog, I mentioned that Jake the Farrier and his cousin Cassie welcomed their Eccentric Uncle Bob into their home.  Well, apparently he brought Cassie's brother Adam with him and now there's 4 people living in Jake the Farrier's tiny house with all his dogs and Cassie's cats.  It's really quite a menagerie.

Some of you may be wondering what makes Uncle Bob so eccentric.  Well, he runs around talking about Happy Little Trees and Puffy White Clouds and Serene Little Bushes and Little Babbling Brooks.  He's harmless, really.  He was  a Drill Sargent for many years and when he left the military he swore he'd never raise his voice again.  And now he speaks with a very soothing voice.  Eccentric Uncle Bob likes to paints and he's really quite talented at it.

Adam is Cassie's older brother by two years.  They are quite close, which is why he decided to move with Eccentric Uncle Bob.
Unlike his sister Cassie, who didn't join the "horse game" until an adult, Adam has always considered himself a horse person.  He has competed in rodeos at the high school level and has had some success.  Not much, but some.  He isn't sure what he wants to do right now, though, and hopes to figure it out one of these days.

So, how are all these people connected?  Well, Cassie is Jake the Farrier's cousin.  And Adam is Cassie's brother so that makes Adam, Jake the Farrier's cousin as well.  But where does Eccentric Uncle Bob come in?  Is he Jake the Farrier's dad?  Cassie and Adam's?  The answer is, none of the above.  Jake the Farrier grew up raised by his mom, whose brother is Eccentric Uncle Bob, whose brother is Cassie and Adam's dad.  Confused yet?  hahahaha.
Eccentric Uncle Bob doesn't know much about horses, but he wants to learn.  He even tried tacking up one of Cassie's horses...
Given her own limited experience with horses, though, she probably wasn't the best person to help him. (I need a better background hahaha).  Don't worry.  No horses were injured in the attempted saddling of  "Freddie” (barn name for Bohemian Rhapsody).

Well, Tractor Supply Company finally got in some of their mid-year releases on their website and there's a sale going on, so I promptly bought Eclipse.  EEEK!
I say "eek" because I seem to be spending a lot of money lately.  And on nothing of any real importance either.  hahaha.  But look at him.  And at a great price for a traditional sized model.  Of course, I couldn't just get one thing so I ordered something else, too.  And I selected "ship to store" because none of the TSCs in my county have them in stock yet and the closest one is too far away to go check on a regular basis.  Plus, the sale price.  The website doesn't say when it will be shipped, though, so I have to wait for an email telling me when I can go pick him up.

Well, I guess that is it for now.  I hope everyone is doing well.  Til next time!

4 comments:

  1. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!i LOVE Eccentric Uncle Bob!!! i laughed so hard when i first saw him!! Oh my gosh! Tears. Great tears of hilariousness! WOW! i needed that! And then when i got to the part where Uncle Bob's tacking a horse, OMYGOSH!!! Oh this is good!! Cassie's outfit is adorable, BTW!

    Eclipse is really pretty but with my trying to cut back, (harhar) i opted to only buy two TSC SRs; the Christmas horse and the Lapwai Mustang Marabella. Whelp, TSC decided to help me hold true to my word to "cut back" and only let me have the Lapwai, so, like you, i'll wait till the Tractor Supply Company calls me to pick her up, lol. (shan, here! And thanks for another wonderfully hilarious installment of Jake the Farrier!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’m glad you enjoyed the post. I am assuming you recognize who Eccentric Uncle Bob is... ;). Hopefully he will get better with the horses.

      Cut back? Hahahaha

      Delete
  2. i know, RIGHT?! (cutting back) You know me too well!

    Yeah, that is why i laughed so hard when i saw WHO Eccentric Uncle Bob is-Bob Ross! So good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, well, a lot of people wouldn’t recognize who Eccentric Uncle Bob is. Hahaha.

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every one.

That’s not fair! Lol

 Okay…so I was looking at Facebook earlier an say a model that caught my eye.  Now, this isn’t a super new mold,but this is only the, what, ...