Wednesday, May 20, 2020

Breyerfest Sneak Peek...

Breyer surprised us this morning with another Breyerfest sneak peek. 

Summer is coming!

We posted a lot of information on the blog yesterday, so we thought we'd lighten things up this morning! 

This sneak peek needs no introduction.
Can you guess who this little treasure is?  Check back soon on the BreyerFest Blog for the reveal!

Well, what is obvious is that it's the crystal model.  I don't remember them showing a sneak peek before of the crystal model, but I could be wrong.  Wouldn't be the first time.  I haven't boughten any of the other crystal models.  They sell out quick and as a store special, are a little more difficult to obtain through a pick-up person than a Special Run.  And none of the past models have been done on molds I am super nuts over so I've never bothered.  The only way I'd buy this one is if it's on Lady Phase, San Domingo or Idocus.  Maybe the Appy Performance Horse or Stud Spider, too.  Yeah.  Just those.  Those have become the "main focus" of my collection currently.  No.  I take that back.  I'm also actively collecting Valegro and Totilas.  Anyone else?  hahaha.

So far, the guesses I've seen have been Forever Saige, Sham (although unlikely since he's a SR) and "maybe the Marwari".  Trying to ID a solid plastic horse is difficult enough, I can't imagine even attempting to ID one that is see-through.  It's hard to get an idea of the orientation of the model.  They've already revealed horses upside down and sideways.  Breyer is trying to make it very difficult for us.  I have also seen speculation that maybe they are doing something sneaky about the surprise models and that maybe they're the 4 molds shown on the different Breyerfest t-shirts.  I hope not.  Though I guess it doesn't really matter since I only loosely conga the Bouncer mold.  I have two: Brooksides Pink Magnum and Icicle.  I'd hoped to add Bilburry, but I didn't win.  Bummer. 

So...I've tried to keep "the real world" out of my blog.  I want this to be "hobby only" and have only vaguely referenced what is going on outside my house.  Mostly comments about my office space.  As we all know, things are slowly starting to reopen.  Some places more slow than others.  Some of the reopenings have made no sense to me because other things that make more sense remain closed.  Like, why are you allowing restaurant dining rooms or hair salons to reopen, but not the zoo?  Anyway, so yesterday I found out that the Cabrillo National Monument has reopened.  Just the monument, though, and the grounds around it.  The lighthouse remains closed as does the gift shop.  This is one of those "huh?" type moments.  I understand the lighthouse since it's a confined space, but not the gift shop.  The gift shop is pretty large and would be easy to enforce social distancing.  Certainly a lot more than the monument itself, which, when busy, sees a lot of people standing in close proximity.   And if the monument can open how come the zoo and Wild Animal Park won't be opening "for awhile yet"?  Anyway, so today I was looking around the web and decided to check the website for my favorite hotel and I saw this...
Reopening June 24th!!!!!  Needless to say, I was quite happy.  I looked up a random date and the room type I get is VERY affordable.  I am going to plan for a trip in mid-September and hopefully the zoo and WAP will be open by then.  If it's not, I will cancel the trip because while I enjoy sitting at the monument and listening to the fog horn in the bay, it's not enough to justify the expense of the trip.  I haven't been to San Diego since 2014, I think.  Maybe 2013, I forget.  I used to go 3 or 4 times a year, but mom moved in in 2010 and that kind of brought an eventual halt to trips, especially as her memory started to decline.  This will be my birthday trip that I didn't get to take last week and while I'll only be gone overnight, I plan to make the most of it.

Okay.  I guess that is it for now.  I hope everyone is doing well.  Til next time.

2 comments:

  1. i only have two crystals and i never intended on getting any. The year they had the Nokota crystallized", i was too busy trying to get all the other models so i couldn't get one, then. Fast forward several years, i had a friend offer me hers at a fairly significant markup but she needed to pay for a speeding ticket so i wanted to help her out, lol. So then i determined if i was gonna have any others, it would be Bobby Jo because i thought she'd make a nice compliment to the Nokota. So i got her last Breyerfest in the CHIN. i really don't wanna start collecting crystals because that little issue we collectors talk about so much; space! HAHAHA! And or lack thereof! So these two will be all, i think. (Even though the Bouncer's cute!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Bobby Jo Crystal is neat and may only be the other one I’d buy, but since I don’t collect crystals, I won’t. I’m actually going to respond to some other points in my next email because it’s more appropriate there. Lol.

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every one.

That’s not fair! Lol

 Okay…so I was looking at Facebook earlier an say a model that caught my eye.  Now, this isn’t a super new mold,but this is only the, what, ...