Friday, May 22, 2020

Sneak Peek Reveal and Model Categories Explained...

Splish Splash!

It was hard for us to disguise that the most recent sneak peek from earlier this week was this year's crystal model, owing to the fact that the snippet we shared was, well, completely clear.  WE hope you are as excited about this reveal as we are!

Say hello to Kelpie!
Kelpie-like images on stone carvings have been found in Scotland and date back to 6th century Picts.  In Scottish folklore, kelpies are shape-shifting water creatures that inhabit lochs and pools of water and are most commonly described as horses that can adopt human forms.  While the origins of these creatures remains mysterious, some folklorists have suggested that these water spirits were manifested to keep children away from danger.

Our BreyerFest Kelpie has been done on a miniature 5" crystal version of Bouncer, originally Traditional mold #707 sculpted by Kathleen Moody.  Clear as water, we know our Kelpie will make a sparkling addition to your collection.

Keep your eyes on the BreyerFest Blog!  WE are inching closer and closer to BreyerFest weekend and we still have so much more to reveal!

Well...I think this is quite clever.  The name and history behind the Kelpie is perfect for the crystal model and I can actually envision a shape-shifting horse looking at this model.  I also like that they used Bouncer.  I think it was a perfect choice!  I don't actively conga Bouncer, only having 2 as mentioned in my previous blog entry, and I don't collect the crystal models, but this guy is tempting so I might try to get me one.  We shall see.  I have a feeling my eyes are getting bigger than my wallet.  hahahaha.

So, another thing Breyer has done is explained the difference in the models that will be available during Breyerfest Weekend this year.  Since it's being done virtually this year and a lot of people are being able to "attend" for the first time, there's been a lot of questions about the different models available for the different types of tickets.  I can certainly see why people are confused.

I won't go over all the details because that would just be redundant and a lot to type out when it would be just as easy for you to go read it on the BreyerFest Blog, but I'll give the basics here.

Store Specials are a collection of limited editions that would normally be available to anyone with a ticket.  They will be released throughout the weekend to accommodate different time zones.  Anyone can buy these.

Warehouse Finds aka NPOD
These are models they have collected throughout the year from the warehouse and archive room.  They are generally samples or found inventory of models no longer in production, just like you might find at the NPOD (Ninja Pit of Death).  They will be offered as grab bags with different price points and will have 1-4 models.  These will be limited and you can only buy one per account and only available to 3 Day Ticket Holders as an added benefit.

The Fling! Shops
On-site, these souvenir shops carried SWAG and limited edition event themed models - Greenman, MacKenzie (the plush) and 3 other items not yet revealed.  These are available to all ticket holders.

Special Run
Boudicca, Hamish, the Slainte Surprise, Ash, Grighid & Beltane, Oak, Epona, Thorn, and Lugh and exclusive to 3 Day Ticket Holders.  The Celebration 3 Day ticket holders will NOT have access. 

Something that I am confused by, though, is the "Single-Day example" of shopping the collections.  It says that if you purchased 2 Friday tickets, you can shop the limited edition collections two times on Friday.  You will not have access on Saturday or Sunday.  If you purchased one Friday ticket and one Saturday ticket, you can shop the collections once each day.  I just looked at the ticket page and it says you can purchase other limited edition models and swag.  Okay.  I think I get it now.  I was also confused because it mentioned specific days, but nothing about if you bought a 4 Pack so I was wondering if these were different tickets, but no.  I don't know why the BF blog only mentioned specific days, but on the ticket page it says more about it and talks about the 4 pack. So we're good.  hahahaha.

I am thinking about having a giveaway on my blog Breyerfest weekend.  I haven't decided yet, though, if I will or what I will do / give away.  Obviously something model-horse related.

Well, Monday is Memorial Day in the US and so I have a 3 day weekend.  Yay.  A co-worker friend and I are going to do a special thing at our local zoo called Cruise The Zoo where you get to drive your own car through a specifically laid-out loop of the zoo.  It wasn't cheap, but she said she would pay half.  It was my idea, though, so I'm not going to push it.  We both like the zoo and we miss it being open and even though we won't get to see a lot of the animals, it should still be fun.  I hope everyone has a great weekend and Til next time!

4 comments:

  1. I am still confused about the SM 4-pack purchase-does that still count as a ticket? I want to buy Benelli and Faugh-A-Ballagh, but not sure if I need to purchase a separate single day ticket in order to do so. I don’t think so, but I’d hate to miss out on them. I read that single day ticket holders can also participate in the raffles, and I may do that...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A SM a four pack will allow you to buy store specials, just not the Special Runs. Benelli is a store special as is Faugh so you should be okay

      Delete
  2. So much information! Thank you, Brenda, for all the clarifying! You truly are helpful typing all this out when Breyer sometimes makes it a little confusing, hahaha! (shan, here)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You’re welcome. I won’t give ALL the information here since it’s available on the Breyer website, but main “talking points” is a happy medium, I think.

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every one.

That’s not fair! Lol

 Okay…so I was looking at Facebook earlier an say a model that caught my eye.  Now, this isn’t a super new mold,but this is only the, what, ...