Wednesday, May 6, 2020

More reveals and return of Jake the Farrier...

Happy Wednesday, All!  I hope everyone is doing well.  It's getting hotter than hades here, but that's to be expected in the desert southwest.  We have already hit triple digit temperatures and it's just going to keep going up.  Yay!  Did the sarcasm come through on that?  hahahaha.

Okay.  So.  I didn't Sneak Peek these two, but I'm still going to reveal them.  I didn't pay much attention to the comments on Blab about them, but I did notice that at least one person ended up correctly identifying the first model.

First up is Cornwall.  This county in southwest England retains a distinct culture identity that reflects its history and is one of the Celtic Nations.  This part of Britain has rich history and folklore and names among its early rulers King Mark of Cornwall (of the Tristan and Iseult legend) and King Arthur, its flag, St Piran's Flag, is a white cross on a black background.
Cornwall, the grand prize for this year's Best Customs Contest winners was originally sculpted and designed by Sommer Prosser as Latigo (mold #729).  He has been re-imagined in a stunning shaded black blanket appaloosa using the same pattern as his first release in the Premier Club back in 2013!  With mapped spots in his blanket, detailed striped hooves and silver shoes!

Breton.  This is the language of the people of Brittany, a cultural region in the west of France that was inhabited by Celtic tribes-the same tribes of Britons that ultimately peopled the southern coasts of the British isles.  This state's flag, called "Gwenn-ha-du" in Breton, is composed of 9 horizontal, alternating black and white stripes and an ermin canton that is representative of the former coat of arms of Brittany.
Breton, this year's Runner Up prize for Best Customs finalists, has been done on our lovely Lippizzaner (mold #5734) sculpted by Kelly Sealey.  He may be small in stature, but he makes quite the impression finished in a shaded black overo!  First released in 2019 as our Premier Club bonus Stablemates model, this little guy will make a lovely addition to your mini heard.

Well, huh.  I still don't have the original Latigo, not that I've been actively seeking one, but I still want one.  But I would actually prefer Cornwall.  Unfortunately, because he's a contest prize, and a customs contest prize at that, the odds of me getting my hands on Cornwall are quite slim.  Good thing I gave up trying to conga him awhile back ago.  hahaha.  I would like to still get the original Latigo one of these days, though.  One thing I don't like, though, is that the winner gets a Traditional scale while the runner up only gets a Stablemate.  I guess it's good they get anything at all, though, huh?   I wish Cornwall was one of the SR models.

So...Jake the Farrier is back.  I know you all are super excited.  hahaha.  He's got some new digs, too.
"Hey!  who are you?  Why are you wearing my shirt?  Give it back!"
In case you can't tell, the furry creature is a sloth and sloths are known for being extremely slow, which is why Jake is ahead of Sloth trying to get his shirt back.  He ran right past him!  hahaha.

Jake isn't known for being the sharpest tack in the bunch.  He got himself a new dog...sorta...
"Meet Ribbon, everyone!  She's a super rare breed of dog from South Africa called a...spotted Hyena.  Very unique looking, isn't she?  The guy who sold her to me says she will make a great watchdog and gets along with everyone and everything.  She doesn't bark like a regular dog, though, but that just adds to her uniqueness.  I don't know of anyone else who has a dog like this.  I'll be the talk of the town!"

Well, that's it for now.  Til next time...

**edited to add**
The Single Day Stablemate tickets went on sale today so I got me a four pack to ensure I get one of each rather than risk getting multiples of the same.  Unfortunately, I selected the option to pay for shipping rather than the free shipping because I was worried I would miss out by choosing the wrong one.  I tried calling Breyer about a refund after several people told me I should get free shipping, but they aren't answering their phones so I sent an email.  Something tells me I'm on the hook for the shipping.  Bummer.  

4 comments:

  1. Oh nuts! That stinks! Hopefully Breyer will still refund your shipping...shan, here, in case you're curious. ;)

    Wow! i like Jake's new pad! He has an amazing pile of pets! That spotted dog from South Africa! HAHAHAHAHA! The name of the "spotted dog" is very unique! "Ribbon"! Pretty, too. And Jake's pet sloth wearing his shirt! HAHAHAHA! Jake also has a neat assortment of posters up on his walls.

    i adore that CM Prize black blanket Appy Latigo!!! i would love to win him, but that would only give me a month to finish the custom i have that is furthest along...Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They refunded my money, no problem. I thought for sure I was going to have to “suck it up” and accept that I made a mistake. Breyer didn’t have to refund, but huge thanks to them for doing the right thing. They are going to lose a lot of money before all is said and done with this.

      Ribbon is the name of a real Spotted Hyena on the Djuma Game Preserve. She has a marking on her shoulder in the shape of a ribbon. She currently is nursing two cubs. Jake thanks you for the compliments on his stuff.

      Delete
  2. Lol, love Jake’s room and his pets, especially Ribbon! Now that summer is rolling around, I’m sure Jake will have lots to do!

    I really want Brenton, but unlikely to happen. Totally okay though, as I was able to snag a BF Single Day SM four pack. 3 Day tickets are still available, but I haven’t bought any yet...I’ll probably just purchase off of the second hand market. We’ll see, though...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He thinks his room is pretty nifty, too, but says he’s not done with it yet. He’s having a bit of a time keeping Ribbon fed. Apparently she doesn’t like dry dog food.

      I’m glad you were able to get a stablemate four pack. Hopefully you can get a 3Day if you decide you want one.

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every one.

That’s not fair! Lol

 Okay…so I was looking at Facebook earlier an say a model that caught my eye.  Now, this isn’t a super new mold,but this is only the, what, ...