Thursday, April 9, 2020

Special Run #8...And the retail release of some models...

How did we get here so quickly?

Can you guess who our 8th Special Run model is for our Celtic Fling Celebration?
We'll let you know if you've guessed right here on the BreyerFest Blog!

Well, to me it looks like the part of the horse where the neck goes into the chest.  But I suppose it could also be a back leg.  What looks to me like neck muscle could possibly be the leg muscle of an extended hind leg and part of the hock.  I don't know.  What I do know is that it's ANOTHER palomino colored horse.  Oh well. 

I looked at Blab to see what others are saying and someone else mentioned it looks like the neck to them.  Someone suggested a racehorse model based on the hint of "how did we get here so quickly?" but I'm not sure that's a hint or just the fact that it's the 8th and final (i think) SR model and they may be saying about how fast they seemed to be revealed.  And, of course, our usual suspect complained about the paint/pinto thing even though there's no indication this model is one.  Some people just like complaining about the same thing over and over, but I'm not going to harp on that.

So, in non-Breyerfest news, some new models have been released and I am very happy for one...
Winx, Champion Australian Racehorse.  This is one I've been waiting for since it was first "leaked" a couple of months ago, especially since it wasn't known if it would be released in Australia first or be an Australian exclusive.  Fortunately, that wasn't the case.

Over the course of five years, Australian mare Winx has rewritten racing history.  The 2011 Thoroughbred (Street Cry x Vegas Showgirl) had an incredible 37 career wins, tying with the legendary Phar Lap.

Owned by Magic Bloodstock and trained by Chris Waller, her streak of consecutive wins began on May 16, 2015.  Jockey Hugh Bowman was Winx's regular rider, piloting her in every race since 2015's Epsom Handicap, and to 32 of her wins.

In April 2019, Winx entered the starting gates at the Queen Elizabeth Stakes for her last race before rtiring.  True to form, Winx pulled off her 33rd consecutive win - a length and a half ahead of the second-place finisher!

She retired a true champion, comlete with a place in the Australia's Racing Hall of Fame, a world record of 25 Group One wins, and as the highest-earning Thoroughbred with over $26.4 million AUD ($19.7 million USD) in winnings!

So, now my decision is do I buy her now or wait?  And why do I wait?  Do I wait for shipping to return to normal?  Do I wait for her to be available through Amazon and shipping returns to normal?  They're delaying the shipments of things considered "non-essential", but this IS essential.  It's essential to my psychological health.  hahahaha.  I could order her from Breyer "now", but their shipping may be delayed.  Maybe I should sleep on it a day or two. 

Well, I guess that's it for now.  Since Breyer had a reveal earlier in the day I'm pretty sure there won't be another one at my lunchtime like they did several times.

Til next time!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for posting up that we now will soon have the 8th SR for BF! Well, that stinks that someone is complaining about all the pintos n paints for Celtic Fling. i am quite happy about it, myself! Only problem is, my wallet will be skinny after this Breyerfest, haha!

    i won't be doing Wynx, though. Not a huge fan of the mold. As another put, he looks a little "hungry". But that is okay! With as many horses out there that i AM a fan of, i won't have to have this one, hahaha! shan, here. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, she's not complaining about just the pintos n paints for Celtic Fling, but just in general.

      Winx is a TB and is supposed to look a little hungry. But that's okay. You don't need to buy every horse. hahaha.

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every one.

That’s not fair! Lol

 Okay…so I was looking at Facebook earlier an say a model that caught my eye.  Now, this isn’t a super new mold,but this is only the, what, ...