Wednesday, April 15, 2020

Sneak Peek Reveal...

SURPRISE!  (Not the Surprise Model, though)

Did we scare you?  Did you think we'd forgotten to do a decorator model for this year?  There is no way we would have missed the opportunity to bring you this next model.  And we promise you we have saved the best for last.

Our NINTH and final BreyerFest Special Run reveal for 2020's Celtic Fling is...Boudicca!

Done on the Andalusian Mare mold, #734, sculpted by Brigitte Eberl, this year's decorator screams (war cries!) Celtic!  Our homage to the ancient Celtic Queen of the Iceni, Boudicca famously led an uprising against the invading Roman forces in Britain during the middle of the first century CE.  Done in a mulberry grey and soft pearl, her fiery ginger mane and tail and battle-ready woad war paint will be the envy of your collection.
3-Day Ticket prices won't be increasing this year as a result of our shift to an online event platform (why would they?  That wouldn't make sense), but if you want to be automatically entered into the Early Bird Raffle for one of the three stunning Dyflin models, we have some exciting news, which we also shared last night!  In case you missed it, we've extended the Early Bird deadline to the end of the month (April 30th), so you still have some time to make your Early Bird 3-Day Ticket purchases (not sure what that has to do with the sneak peek...)
We've still got more to come right here on the BreyerFest Blog, so don't stray too far!

Well...even without the blue war paint on this model, it's not something I'm interested in.  I don't collect the mold nor do I collect non-realistic decorators.  Now, that might sound a bit confusing.  "Non-realistic Decorators".  Aren't decorators not realistic to begin with?  Well, yes and no.  There's realistic decorators and non-realistic decorators.  Boudicca is an example of a non-realistic decorator while the Dungaree model would be an example of a realistic one...

A realistic decorator is one that has the markings of an actual horse, but in a color that doesn't actually exist, such as blue.  But  you already knew the difference between realistic and non-realistic because you guys aren't dumb.  :)

Another reason why I'm not interested in Boudicca is even without the blue markings, I don't like the color of the mane and tail with the stark white / pearly body.  I'm not a fan of darks and lights like that.  If she was a chestnut horse and no blue markings, I would likely consider buying one.

I haven't decided if I am going to buy a second 3 Day Ticket or not.  I am almost tempted to, especially if you're able to buy the Surprise model with their virtual SR lines.  I still have a couple of weeks to decide since they extended the Early Bird pricing.  Someone on Blab, I think it was, mentioned it would be nice if they released a silhouette of what the surprise model is so we know what we're dealing with.  They could still keep the colors a secret.  I like that idea since we won't have the excitement of waiting to see the first unveiling of what they are.

I think I mentioned in my last blog post that I might have a lead on an Acadia and that I'd put in an offer.  Unfortunately, I haven't heard back.  Not a counter-offer and not a flat out decline.  That surprises me.  It also bums me out.  The seller could be busy, but that concerns me in that if they're too busy to respond to my offer they might be too busy to ship the model anytime soon.  I don't know.  So for that reason I don't want to just pay the full Buy It Now price, you know?

**Edited** I just looked at the listing and saw that the seller ended the auction.  I guess either she decided not to sell or someone made her a higher offer.  Either way, it would've been nice for her (or him) to let me know rather than just ignore my offer.  Oh well. 

Okay, well, I guess that is it for now.  I have a meeting in about 30 minutes.  Yay.  hahaha.  So, til next time!

4 comments:

  1. At first on the "Non-realistic Decorators", i thought you might have meant "not the usual five" meaning, Copenhagen, Wedgewood, Gold Charm, Gold Florentine, and Silver Filigree. But now i understand and it makes sense that you mean "horses having stenciled spots and or marks" but with unrealistic colors. Breyer has really broadened their unrealistic scope haven't they?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't mind those colors and quite like Silver Filigree. It's the ones like Boudicca, the Egyptian Sham, and that Christmas one a couple of years ago...on the Bouncer mold I think it was? Don't get me started on the wildlife series. Definitely a big ol Nope. hahahaha

      Delete
  2. Hmmmmmmm...I like this mold, but I am just not feeling much love for this model. It just looks ‘off’ somehow...I think maybe it is color of the m/t? I just cannot pinpoint what it is that bugs me about her. I quite like the Egyptian Sham; that mold fits the design.
    Oh, and for the Wildlife Series I wonder if Breyer will do a zebra on the zebra mold? Hahahahahahahaha!!!! Sorry, couldn’t help myself...
    *scurries away*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmmm...now there’s a radical idea. A zebra on the zebra mold....hmmm... no. I think that would be way to radical and unbelievable for them.

      I agree, though. The color of the mane and tail are just...off...it doesn’t look good together. On a chestnut it would be perfect but not a grey with blue swirlies

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every one.

That’s not fair! Lol

 Okay…so I was looking at Facebook earlier an say a model that caught my eye.  Now, this isn’t a super new mold,but this is only the, what, ...