Wednesday, April 29, 2020

Exciting Model Things Have Been A-Happenin'!!!

I know I'm a bit "tardee to the pardee" on a couple of these, which is so unlike me, but stuff happens, you know?  But I'm here now to share some fun Breyerfest stuff and some of my own Breyer stuff.  We shall start with the Breyerfest stuff, okay?

So!  They have released 3 of the 4 Single Day Stablemates so far.  This year it's being done differently because, as we all know by now, Breyerfest is being done online due to that nasty virus everyone is talking about.  I'm not going to bore you by re-typing the descriptions of each SM they've released because it would just take too long and make for a really long blog since I'm sharing all three of them in one post.  Breyer has really inundated us with stuff the past few days and it was a bit overwhelming and that's one of the reasons why I didn't blog about it as it happened.  That's okay, though, right?  Of course it is.  hahaha.

Anyway, we are going to start with Jersey, which is done on the Walking Thoroughbred mold that resembles Carrick.  Jersey is a yummy chestnut with 4 white stockings and what appears to be a very thick gloss...

I must have that one, but as I mentioned above, Single Day SMs are being done differently this year.  More on that in a bit.  

Next up is Orkney.  He is a gorgeous golden palomino tobiano pinto, also with a glossy finish.  He was sculpted by local celebrity Kathleen Moody!

I conga him, although not severely, so he's definitely going to have to come home with me...hopefully.  Unlike others, I don't mind the large amounts of paints/pintos they're putting out this year because I like paints/pintos.  I do wish, however, they'd use some different colors other than palomino.  hahahaha.

And finally, there's Skye...

Now, I'm going to admit that I'm not a HUGE fan of this mold.  I don't really dislike it, but it doesn't do much for me.  I may be "forced" to get one, though, if I want the best chance for the first two.  More on that in a moment.

The only one that hasn't had a full reveal is the mini Croi Damsha, which seems to have set a lot of people on their ear with excitement.  Almost as much, it seems, as the release of the mini me Alborozo did.  Of course, a big difference is that the Croi Damsha mold is current while the mold for Alborozo was destroyed...or something.  I don't know.  It was released during my "hobby break" and I don't know all the details about that.

So, the Single Day Stablemates are being done differently this year.  Usually, you would buy however many tickets you wanted for the SMs you wanted and then just redeem the ticket for the model.  I guess it was *supposed* to be a random draw, but people would ask for specific models and would usually be given the ones they asked for.  So, if you only wanted Jersey and Orkney, you'd buy two Single Day tickets and redeem them for those models.  And this year you can still buy a Single Day ticket, but it will be a random draw for which model you get.  You are unable to specify which one you want.  So even if you buy 4 Single Day tickets, there's no guarantee you'll get four different models.  They will be, however, selling a small number of "sets".  Meaning, you get all 4 models.  But they will be limited and we haven't been told how many will be available, how much they'll be or even when they'll be going on sale.  That kind of sucks, you know?  But what can you do?  I am going to try to get one of the 4 model sets, but if I'm unable to, I guess I'll take my chances and buy the individuals as blind bags.  

What do you think of how they're planning to do it?  Do you like it?  Not like it?  Do you not really care?  hahaha.

So, onto my own Breyer stuff.  I oftentimes have the attention span of a gnat so there are times when I am sitting at my desk and I'm supposed to be working, but my mind starts to wander.  I have a bunch of models above my desk so I'll start looking at them and thinking they need to be dusted or straightened up.  Or I'll start digging in drawers and bins looking for one thing and end up finding something totally different and that's what happened last week.  I was looking in a basket on my desk and found...

Some Companion Animals I had totally forgotten I had!  Imagine my surprise when I discovered them wrapped in bubble wrap.  I was quite happy, to say the least.  

I also found some 1:12 scale animals...
But it doesn't end there.  Behind one of my monitors I found these...
A stack of about 20-25 issues of Just About Horses, dating back to at least 1999.  I had bought them off ebay a couple of years ago.  Some of them I've read before, but many of them I haven't and even the ones I have, it's been so long I don't remember the content so I'll just have to read them again.  So sometimes good things come from my short attention span!

I got a new model last week, too.  It's Winx on the Emerson mold...


It's a portrait model of a famous Australian racehorse who won 33 consecutive races. She's quite pretty and nicely shaded.  I bought her from a 3rd party on Amazon.  One of their trusted sellers.  I was going to buy it form the Breyer site, but she was out of stock and I started to get impatient.  hahaha.  But wouldn't you know, a day or two after I bought her, Breyer got them in stock?  Figures.  But I got her faster through Amazon than I would've from Breyer, that's for sure.

Well, I guess that's it for now.  I hope Jake the Farrier will be available to make an appearance next week.  He's been busy doing...goodness only knows.    Take care and until next time...

2 comments:

  1. Your Wynx is pretty! i am glad you got her out and glad you received her quickly! i conga all the SMs that were revealed before the mini Croi. And even though i have two Crois as Traditionals in my collection, i don't conga that mold. But that roaning on the mini Croi looks divine! So now i am thankful i was able to buy a full set before they sold out!

    That is neat you found all those doggies and kitties in one of your drawers! Wonder if i'll get lucky to find stuff like that once i get back to work cleaning and sorting this place out, haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She really is pretty. The pictures don’t do her justice.

      I’m glad you were able to get a four pack before they sold out. We both need to clean and sort. Lol

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every one.

That’s not fair! Lol

 Okay…so I was looking at Facebook earlier an say a model that caught my eye.  Now, this isn’t a super new mold,but this is only the, what, ...