Friday, April 3, 2020

Imagine that...ANOTHER sneak peek!

Just when you thought you were safe from Breyer, they released yet another sneak peek.  They should've done this on April 1st.  At the very least, they should've revealed the other one before doing a new one, but I guess I shouldn't be surprised they didn't.  hahaha.

So, from the Breyerfest Blog:
We're just having a little light-hearted fun here at the BreyerFest Blog.  Can you guess who this is?
Have a great weekend!  Check back next week for the reveal!

I don't know if this is a large spot appaloosa or a regular spotted appy that has been enlarged to look bigger.  I do have to say, though, I'm intrigued by it.  And at least it's not another palomino paint.  hahahaha.

So, to keep this post from being super, super short I'm going to share something I have been reading on Facebook that is hobby-related.  I don't really know how to describe it.  It's a cartoon, but not a drawn cartoon or animated.  Not a cartoon.  A comic, I guess.  It's done using Schleich models and riders and various other items such as drawn paper dolls.  It's basically they "joys" of horse ownership and things that go with it such as vet bills and buying and selling.  They're done by Broken Horse Ranch and are just too funny.  I can't show an entire comic strip because of how they're uploaded to Facebook, but I can share a couple of the "panels"...or whatever they're called...it shows a bunch of the individual parts but in one collage.  I encourage you to look up Broken Horse Ranch and read them yourself, though...

Episode 1: Why Cowboy Dan Drinks...


Episode 5: You have a problem...

Episode 13: How to Wash Yer Horse...

Make sure you read all the background comments on the photos and pay attention to horses Cupcake and Princess.  They're a riot.

Okay.  I guess that's it for now.  I hope everyone has a great weekend.  Til next time.

2 comments:

  1. Good to see that I'm not the only one who likes the story/world part in the hobby, and not only the "technical" stuff (I have enjoyed your Jake the Farrier's antics whenever you post them!). I call those model horse comics "photo stories" and also do them by myself (though I struggle at blogging any). I think it's just another form of art and a reason to make tack and everything else. Heh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw. Thank you. I’m glad you enjoy when I post Jake the Farrier series and he will be back. And I’m glad you enjoy the more artistic side of the hobby like these photo stories. That’s a great name for them and that’s great you do them as well. If you ever want to share them I would love to see them.

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every one.

That’s not fair! Lol

 Okay…so I was looking at Facebook earlier an say a model that caught my eye.  Now, this isn’t a super new mold,but this is only the, what, ...