Thursday, April 2, 2020

Bonus Post! More Traditionals being scaled down to minis and another sneak peek...

Well, Breyer got us again yesterday.  Happy April Fool's Day, Collectors.  I don't like April 1st.  Not only because it's my birthday and I had to endure ridicule as a child, but also because you can't believe anything you read that comes from Breyer.  SOMEtimes they post real stuff that isn't a joke, but more often than not, it's not real.  It can be a bit of a fine line.  Do you not believe what they're saying because it's April Fool's Day and then end up surprised because it was real, or do you believe it then end up feeling stupid because it was an April Fool's Day joke?  I have taken the stance of...if it's April 1st, I'm not going to believe it.  People on Blab also tend to post things that sound like they could be real, but turn out to be jokes.  I've been fooled a couple of times so I don't believe any sort of hobby news I read there either.

This particular joke, however, seemed fairly plausible as they have been shrinking down a lot of traditionals to mini size, but something that got peoples' attention is that the mold they used, they called it "one of our most beloved stock horse sculptures".  If he was so beloved, how come he hasn't been used in a really, really long time?

From Breyer's Facebook page:  
Rugged Lark, one of our most beloved stock horse sculptures, first debuted in 1989.  With his calm expression and quiet gait, this fellow is sure to be a welcome addition to Stablemates fans' herds - the coat color of this particular release was inspired by one of our later Rugged Lark models, Patch.  I think I once owned the original Rugged Lark mold and found him to be rather...lumpy...but he looks pretty good in SM scale...
I would definitely get one, especially in that color.  Did I mention how much I dislike April 1st?

But all is not lost.  Today Breyer admitted it was an April Fool's Day Joke, but then said this one was NOT...

APRIL FOOLS!  A Stablemates Rugged Lark model isn't "actually" in the pipeline, but here's something that is!  One part of our April Fools' Day prank was true - we ARE doing more minis, and you'll be hearing more about this little guy (and others!) in the coming months.  Thanks for playing along!
I think I like the Rugged Lark one better and I certainly don't need to start another SM conga, but I will probably get this one.  I'm excited to see what else is going to come down the pike.  Hopefully Lady Phase.  Or San Domingo.  There's already a Valegro, although not in exact position of the Traditional.  How about a Totilas?  I'd be happy with any of those.  And  Cantering Welsh Pony and a...and a...hahahah.  OOO!  OOOO!  A Marwari!  The original mold with the curved ears.  hahaha.

As I'm nearing the end of week 2 of working from home, I see posts about people who are taking up new hobbies or working on old one that have taken a back seat to other things and I can't help but feel a bit envious because I am still working, but then I remind myself that I AM still working when so many people are without jobs right now or are students.  Our WFH period has been extended until May 6th, which I may have mentioned already.  Our daily unit meetings have now reduced to 3 days a week, which is good.  My new co-worker has been a little less-than-helpful, but after a few minutes he can usually be encouraged to go do his own thing...
My other new co-worker doesn't come anywhere near me during the day when I'm working.  I knew she wouldn't.

So, I had hoped Jake the Farrier would want to go on an adventure yesterday, but no such luck.  He must've been out in the field somewhere or just simply being lazy and not wanting to get out of bed.  I'm more inclined to think it's the latter.  hahahaha.  

I guess that's it for now.  Til next time!

Except it's not...Breyer has released another Sneak Peek...wouldn't you know it.
The caption doesn't reveal anything other than to check back later so I won't bother "quoting" it.  Anyway, I'm surprised it's another paint and another palomino paint at that.  From the small bit of picture, I'm guessing it's a minimal tobiano.  Check back "later" (a relative term since 'later' is usually the same day, in my opinion).


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every one.

That’s not fair! Lol

 Okay…so I was looking at Facebook earlier an say a model that caught my eye.  Now, this isn’t a super new mold,but this is only the, what, ...