Thursday, April 30, 2020

Final Stablemate Reveal .... Arran!

One of the many islands off the coast of Scotland, Arran has been inhabited for over 10,000 years.  This stunningly-beautiful island is currently home to fewer than 5,000 people but is rich with history.  In 2019, a survey revealed that the Isle of Arran contains approximately 1,000 ancient archaeological sites, including Ossian's Mount, dating from the Bronze Age, and Torr a'Chaisteal Dun, a fortified structure that dates from the Iron Age
Our Arran has been created exclusively for this year's Celtic Fling!  We love all things small, so what could be better than a Traditional pony in Stablemates scale!  Originally sculpted by Sarah Minkiewicz-Breunig in 1:9 scale and carefully shrunk down to fit in the palm of your hand (1:32 scale), our Connemara mare (mold# 5745) will surely cavort straight into your heart.  Finished in a buckskin roan, a star on her face, and with attitude to spare!
The Breyer website goes on to explain about 3 Day Tickets and Single Day Tickets, which I already wrote about yesterday.  The only addition is that they're saying the Single-Day tickets will go on sale "next week" and pricing will be released.  I wish they'd give us a better idea of the time they'll go on sale.  I have a feeling the 4 pack option is going to go quickly.

Today ends the Early Bird pricing for 3 Day tickets.  I already had a child's ticket, which I'd bought for pick-ups, and I had been debating on whether to get a 2nd ticket.  I didn't want a 2nd celebration model and had mentioned that on Blab.  I was then contacted by someone I know and lives in the same state saying she would like my extra celebration model so that took care of that.  We are planning for me shipping him to her, but I likely won't get the model until late July and hopefully by then we won't have to be so socially distant so maybe we can meet halfway as she lives about 90 minutes away.  But if she's willing to pay shipping then I guess either way it doesn't matter.  I decided to buy an adult ticket for my 2nd ticket because of FOMO.  Adult ticket holders get access to things Child ticket holders do not and I don't want to miss out on something real cool, you know?  The only days available now is Sunday so I have a feeling they're going to sell out fairly soon.  My other ticket is for Saturday morning, which is good because by then I'll know what the Surprise model is and can decide if I want to try for it or not.  They still haven't been real specific on how that will work other than to say they'll do it similar to how it's done AT Breyerfest in that they'll pick a start number.  I don't know if we'll have to do like the Seattle Soiree and provide our top choices, though.  I guess we shall see.

Well, I guess that's it.  Happy Thursday and til next time!

4 comments:

  1. Oooo, I love the mini Croi! Dang, stupid autocorrect keeps wanting to make ‘Croi’ into croissant...now I want a nice, buttery croissant from Costco...
    Okay, back on track. If Breyer keeps making traditionals SM size, I just may switch to collecting SMs only. Super looking forward to the mini Clydesdale Stallion from the VC.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Darn auto-correct! Now I want a croissant, too. Lol. I can’t believe that after all of these years I am going to finally own something made by Sarah the Mink! True, it’s not one of her customs, but still...

      Yeah, it’s pretty tempting to switch to just stablemates with all these fun mini-me coming out.

      Delete
  2. shan, here. Heheh. You guys and your croissants! i always say on blab, "i don't collect Croi, i don't collect Croi..." But, now...Oh that color on that teeny leetle gal! Already conga the rest of the molds, so...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don’t collect Croi but he looks good in SM a size.

      I like chocolate filled croissants

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every one.

That’s not fair! Lol

 Okay…so I was looking at Facebook earlier an say a model that caught my eye.  Now, this isn’t a super new mold,but this is only the, what, ...