Tuesday, March 31, 2020

Breyerfest Sneak Peek Reveal and a personal note...

Well, I guess they were finally right.  The people who kept guessing Rhian and Caudel.  It only took them a few guesses.  hahaha.  But Here we have Brighid and Beltane...

Done on the Welsh Mare and Welsh Foal, sculpted by Josine Vingerling, this stunning pair was designed for Breyerfest: Celtic Fling by artist Sommer Prosser.  This is only the second time they've been released as a new run following their debut in the 2019 Premier Club!  The pair has been done as two darling tobiano pintos - the mare is a flaxen chestnut and the foal a dark baby bay.

Brighid, named after the ancient Irish goddess associated with springtime, fertility and healing, keeps a close watch on her little foal, Beltane, named for the festival marking the start of the summer pastoral season in the Celtic calendar.  These two cuties look poised to take a dance around the Maypole together, don't they?  Happy Spring!

This is a very cute duo and while I don't usually collect foals, I like this pair.  I am loosely on the hunt for the original set and may get this one, but I haven't decided yet.  I still have time and that's even if Breyerfest still happens.  A couple of things scheduled for July have either been cancelled or postponed.  Last I heard, BF was still scheduled to happen, but things are changing daily, it seems.

So...on a more personal and non-hobby related note.  Tomorrow is my birthday.  Arizona is now under a Shelter In Place order so to say this isn't how I expected to spend my 50th birthday would be an understatement.  But even with the order, not much has changed.  We are still allowed to go to essential businesses, hiking, walking the dog, golf.  I don't know what the purpose of having a Shelter In Place order is, but several city mayors kept pressuring our governor so he folded and issued one yesterday.  I have the day off and I'd already made plans and I don't intend to cancel them.  But both activities are considered "allowed" as one will be a trip to the grocery store and the other is for outside "exercise".  Where I go, I won't encounter anyone anyway.  The store, yes, but maybe less so since it will be the middle of the week.  We shall see.  My manager usually bakes us a cake when it's our birthday, but since we're working from home, I won't get my cake.  So while I'm at the grocery store tomorrow, I will buy myself a cake.  A single slice or a whole one to share with the rest of the family, I haven't decided yet.  And Jake the Farrier may or may not be coming along on my adventure tomorrow.  Anyway, part of the reason why I bring this up is because there likely won't be my usual Wednesday post.  If something exciting happens then I might, but I just want to alert you, just in case.

Okay.  I hope everyone is doing well.  Til next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every one.

That’s not fair! Lol

 Okay…so I was looking at Facebook earlier an say a model that caught my eye.  Now, this isn’t a super new mold,but this is only the, what, ...