Wednesday, March 25, 2020

Meet Feis...Sneak Peek Reveal

Well, surprisingly, and probably because I was going to wait until lunchtime to post...Breyer revealed the latest sneak peek earlier in the day.  That's okay, though.

Sooo...say hello to this year's Diorama Contest Prize model, Feis!

Done on Jeanne Mellin Herrick's Friesian mold (#485), this model, originally released in the early 90s, has been beautifully re-vamped for this year's Celtic Fling in a stunning soft buttermilk buckskin tobiano pinto - an unusual and striking color on this sculpt!
A Feis (pronounced fesh) is a traditional Gaelic arts and cultural festival that commonly includes Irish dance competitions.  Feiseanna are held all around the world these days, and if you'd like to get a taste for yourself, you'll be able to see students from the Bluegrass Ceili Academy performing at Breyerfest this summer!
I'm glad he isn't a Special Run model, although I'm not real sure why since I don't collect the mold and I'm not real thrilled with the odd mane and tail coloring.  The mane reminds me of when it was popular for woman to "block" their hair.  Or was it called "chunk"?  I don't remember.  But they'd have blocks of different color put in their hair.  And the tail just...it looks odd to have it mostly white and then the end be black.  And do Friesians even come in pinto if it's a purebred?  Breyer doesn't say it's a cross like they did Goji when they put a paint pattern on a Fjord mold.  But the black mane and tail is just too stark in comparison to the lighter color of the body.  I don't know.  Maybe he'll look better in person but since he's an award model, it doesn't really matter.

I'm sure many of you have heard by now that Seattle Soiree has been canceled, which is a total bummer, but not all that surprising, even with the president's intent to have the country "up and running" again by Easter, a month before the event.  Besides, Seattle was ground zero for the virus in the US.  That's where the first case was diagnosed.  Anyway, Breyer has offered two options for people who were picked to attend.  Option 1 is a full refund of the ticket price and relinquishment of any models offered.  They will also get priority for the next event, which hasn't been announced yet.  Option 2 is to get their Redmond and Puget models plus be in a lottery to purchase the boutique models.  The details of how that will work hasn't been announced yet as I'm sure they're still trying to figure that out.  If I had been picked to go, I think I would choose the full refund simply because I don't want Redmond to begin with and I don't know what Puget looks like and there's no guarantee I'd like any of the boutique models, which would cost extra anyway.  Most of the feedback I've seen since the announcement came out yesterday has been positive.  No complaints, yet, that they can't have a refund AND their models.  If they pre-sold their Redmond, then they'd better use their refund to pay back their buyer.  Unfortunately they may end up having to pay out of pocket if they pre-sold the model for more than the cost of the ticket.  Some people have requested refunds prior to the cancellation.  If they select Option 2, then they still owe their buyer the model. 

The one good thing so far about working from home is that I finally unboxed my Truly Unsurpassed and Protocol.  They're still in their yellow Breyer boxes but they're out of their much bigger shipping box.  Of course, the shipping box is still in my room, but that's only because our recycle bin was too full to put anything in it.  The truck comes today so I will hopefully be able to put it in there in the next couple of days.

Okay, well, I guess that is it for now.  Til next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every one.

That’s not fair! Lol

 Okay…so I was looking at Facebook earlier an say a model that caught my eye.  Now, this isn’t a super new mold,but this is only the, what, ...