Wednesday, February 19, 2020

Wanting some, but not all...and another sneak peak...

Black Hole Collectors.  Completionists.  Hoarders.  Gotta-have-them-alls.  No matter what you call them, there's a type of collector who wants everything, and there's nothing wrong with that.  I, however, am not one of those types.  I never have been and I have collections other than model horses.  I just don't like every single thing that is put out there.  With my non-model collections (current and past), it's easy to just not buy the items I don't like because they're sold as singletons.  So what do you do when it's a set and you want only part of the set and not all?


With these two, even though I've started "collecting" rider dolls, I don't collect the Classic ones.  They look even more cartoonish with their big heads than the Traditional scale ones, but I like the models.
 In the family set, I want the adult horses and not the foal.  I don't collect foals, even though I have a couple.  It wasn't on purpose, however.  They came with a model I got in a club and it wasn't an option to not get it.

Sometimes I like a set for the non-horse item...
I like the dog, although less-so the more I look at it because of the color.  It's kind of boring and washed-out.  I also like the tent and sleeping bag.

So, what do I do?  Do I try to find just the models on the secondary market?  But who is going to buy the set, just to sell the doll separately from the model?  The family set, I can see, but not the horse and rider sets.  I suppose it's a good thing not too many traditional sized models come in sets like these.  The last set I bought it was because I wanted the horse AND the dogs, but that doesn't happen very often.

I also have the same problem with Stablemate sets.  Sometimes I'll get lucky and there'll be a couple in the set of 4 that I like...
But more often than not, there's only one...
So what do I do in that case?  Sometimes I suck it up and end up with 3 models I don't care for as much, but fortunately it's easier to find single SM models on the secondary market.  It just depends. 

I don't know if I would rather Breyer put out more single models or sets.  Both have their pros and cons, that's for sure.

This week has been pretty quiet on the Breyer front.  No new Breyerfest news or sneak previews.  The Collector Club showed a snippet of a model, possible the mouth area, but nothing to say if it's going to be something to buy, something to win or just some random model they are going to show a picture of...
Annnnd...just as I say there's no Breyerfest sneak peak, I see someone on Blab has posted the 4th.  It's another paint so I can hardly wait for the complaining to begin.  hahaha.  I shouldn't say that, but sometimes it's hard to hold your tongue.
Nobody has been able to figure out, yet, what it is.  But give it time.  Someone will guess.  Right now, nobody is even trying. hahaha. 

Okay, I need to wrap this up now.  Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every one.

That’s not fair! Lol

 Okay…so I was looking at Facebook earlier an say a model that caught my eye.  Now, this isn’t a super new mold,but this is only the, what, ...