Friday, February 28, 2020

Introducing...Ash!

Say hello to the next Special Run model, Ash!

Ash is named after another sacred tree in Celtic mythology, and has been done in an ethereally-shaded light dapple grey with a chalky basecoat.  His coat color reminded us of the grey-toned bark common among ash trees.  Created on the Othello mold, sculpted by Kathleen Moody, Ash will feature a high-gloss finish and we think he is absolutely stunning!

Considered sacred and referenced often in Celtic mythology, figuring particularly prominently in the Celtic and North Germanic creation myths, ash trees are also part of a magical trilogy of trees associated with fairy lore.  Ash trees were so revered in Ireland that even in times of strife, people refused to cut them down for firewood - except to be used in the sacred fired (fires, maybe?) during Beltane celebrations in the spring.  Both Oak and Ash trees are closely related to kingship and considered sources of ancient wisdom

I'm surprised they skipped over the 2nd sneak peak and revealed the 3rd instead.  I only have one Othello in my collection: SBH Phoenix, and that's because he was a gift from my brother.  I don't dislike him, he's just not one that makes my heart twitter, which is good since so many other molds do and I can't collect all of them.

It's interesting that Ash trees play such a large part in Celtic folklore since they're a dime a dozen in Arizona.  Of course, they're not the special grey ones, but they're plentiful.  As are Oaks.  oh well.  Oh.  I guess it's the trunk that is "grey" and not the leaves themselves.  hahaha.  Then yeah, there's little difference.  They're still quite plentiful.

Since Ash is glossy he'll be quite popular amongst the collectors who must "gloss all the things".  hahaha.

Thank you to Mares in Black for posting on Facebook that Ash had been revealed.  I probably would've looked at the Breyerfest blog eventually and saw it for myself, but I saw it much quicker since I usually check Facebook first off.

Well, that's it for now.  I hope everyone is enjoying their Friday.  Until next time.

8 comments:

  1. Yep, model #4 on the want list. Really happy with all of the drafts though! Through the years some people had mentioned wanting a ‘draft’ themed BF...this is the closest we will probably get. But I am in no way complaining. Drafty drafts all the way! I wonder if we’ll see something on the Gypsy Vanner mold, or even the old Clydesdale stallion mold. It would be neat if they were to have the Clydesdale family as a SR. That is highly unlikely, but I would love it if it were to happen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, Krista, at this rate...I don't know...hahaha. Yeah, I've seen a lot of "Drafts Only" type of posts for a BF theme and while it isn't official this year, there's a lot of drafts appearing. I hope we'll get a good Irish Sport Horse. They're a tad "drafty" but but not full-on.

      Delete
  2. LOVE!!! MUST HAVE!!! Thank you for posting! Yeah, Mares In Black rocks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, but you want ALL the plastic ponies. hahahaha.

      Delete
    2. Yes yes! You neeeed them all...no matter what! Lol!!!
      Hope that you and N. have been doing well.

      Delete
  3. Annnnnnnd now I *may* be considering going to BF...gotta scoop up ALL the drafts! Lol! A nice Irish sport would be nice too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmm...I tried to leave another comment but I somehow lost it...

    So here I go again: Today on Blab I saw that there is indeed a Gypsy Vanner in the BF lineup this year. This was posted a couple of days ago but I somehow managed to miss it. So I am up to model #5 on the want list...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh dear. You "lost it" a long time ago! hahaha. Was that the palomino thing they haven't revealed yet? Sneak Peak #2 of the 3 back-to-back-to-back?

      That would be neat if you were able to make it work to where you could attend this year. Of course, it would be better if I were going to, but if one of us got to go I'm glad it would (maybe) be you since you're liking all of the models so far.

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every one.

That’s not fair! Lol

 Okay…so I was looking at Facebook earlier an say a model that caught my eye.  Now, this isn’t a super new mold,but this is only the, what, ...