Wednesday, January 15, 2020

So long Seattle Soiree...

In case the title didn't give it away, I didn't get picked for the Seattle Soiree, nor did the person who was going to take me as her +1
I'm bummed, of course. I was looking forward to visiting Seattle again.  But I'm probably not as bummed as those who live locally and didn't get picked, but they probably will when the event gets closer.  That's what I keep hearing about every event.  When there's still available tickets they go through and look to see who lives close enough to be able to attend without much hassle.  And yes, there's still the possibility of being chosen from the wait list, but unless I get picked from the first one, which comes out Monday, I'm not going to be able to go.  As it is, I'm not sure I can even get the time off work.  I was going to ask for Thursday and Friday off then Monday and Tuesday, for travel and such, but a co-worker already has off the entire week following the event, which could potentially affect getting the Monday and Tuesday off due to coverage needs.

Not surprisingly, people are already pre-selling their event models, either because they're taking a spouse and don't need two or because they don't care for the mold or whatever.  What is a bit surprising is some of the prices I'm seeing on them.  Some are putting them up for offers and most of them are over $600 already.  One person is pre-selling their Stablemate for a pretty good chunk of change.  Not sure where she got that price from since the Stablemates generally go for around $80-$100.  I've boughten two event SMs and paid $85, shipping included, each time.  Makes me think I sold mine from Scottsdale Stampede for a lot less than I should have!  hahaha.  But I don't feel comfortable asking a huge sum.  Maybe I should

So now I'm back to wondering what I should do for a trip for my 50th year.  BreyerWest has no interest to me.  Breyerfest is far enough away that I could possibly plan and save for that, but the only model they've released so far is the Early Bird Raffle one...
I'd like to see some of the SR models before committing to an event that expensive and would cause pretty significant anxiety just in getting there.  Of course, there's no law that says I have to do a trip revolving around models, you know?  There's always Las Vegas, San Diego and San Francisco, though I'd really like for this trip to be super special.  Someplace I've never been to before or can't just hop in the car and drive to in a "few" hours.  I wouldn't drive to San Francisco, of course.  That's too far away.  I just want to make sure I go somewhere and the fear is that I'll just say "f**k it" and not go anywhere because that's the safe and easy thing to do.  Plus, the times when I wake up in the middle of the night with an anxiety attack and say "There's no way I can go anywhere.  I'm fooling myself." or something along those lines.  So, what do I do?  BF would be at least a 4 day trip.  San Francisco a 3 day.  I could do an overnight to Las Vegas or San Diego.  But none of that brings me much excitement. But if I don't travel somewhere, what do I do to commemorate my 50th year?   I just don't know what to do.  I just hate that some decisions come to me easily while others, not so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every one.

That’s not fair! Lol

 Okay…so I was looking at Facebook earlier an say a model that caught my eye.  Now, this isn’t a super new mold,but this is only the, what, ...