Wednesday, January 22, 2020

First Breyerfest Sneak Peak!

I'm a day late and a dollar short on this one, but that's okay.  I toyed with the idea of waiting for the reveal, but since I don't know when that will be and today is Blog Day, I decided to go ahead and post about it today.  Which is also why I didn't do it yesterday when the hint was put up on the Breyerfest Blog.

So, by now, you've probably seen the first sneak peak for the first Special Run model of Breyerfest 2020.  Here it is again to refresh your memory...
Of course, now there's tons of speculation on who it might be.  The most common seems to be Othello, Emma and the Gypsy Vanner / Brishen.  It's interesting to see the comments, especially on the Breyerfest Blog about who it could possibly be because some people are so convinced the model is who they think it is and they can get rather rabid in defending that or will say something like "Oh, I know who that is.  We're definitely getting Brishen" or whatever.  In all honesty, I don't know how anyone can tell what the model is just from a tiny square of a photo.  When someone makes their guess, others will point out that it isn't an Irish breed, but we all know what Breyer can be like.  They just slap an Irish name on it and it fits the theme.  hahaha.  For all we know, this model isn't a horse at all but rather Tortoise named Emerald Isle.  Bam!  You've got a Celtic themed object.  hahaha.  Yes, I know I'm being a bit silly with that, but sometimes you just have to be.  Do I really think it could be a tortoise?  Not in that color, I don't.  Nor any other color.  Can you imagine the fall out from something like that?  <shudder>  Seriously, though, I haven't the slightest idea what the mold is or the actual paint color.  It looks like a steel grey to me, but lots of people are convinced it's black and white.  Oh well.  There's people out there who are pretty good at guessing the mold based on that tiny little picture and so I just leave them to it.  I remember one time reading peoples' comments on what the model was and I was convinced it WASN'T that.  Guess what?  I was wrong.  So now I just keep quiet until the full reveal, which will hopefully be soon.  I eagerly await further reveals, too, because then I will know whether I should buy a ticket for post-BF website sales or maybe even go.  It's the 70th anniversary of Breyer Horses and they might have specials up their sleeves, even though last year was the 30th anniversary of Breyerfest.  We'll see.  I'm not making any commitments one way or another, but since I didn't get picked off the 1st waitlist for Seattle Soiree, I will not be going, regardless if I get picked off another one and since BF is two months later than Seattle, that's more time to get my ducks in a row money-wise.

One of these days I would really like to make it to Breyerfest.  I know I've said it before and I will probably keep saying it until I actually go.  hahaha.  The celebration model is Ballynoe Castle RM, a retired eventing horse ridden by Buck Davidson...

I've watched the Rolex Kentucky 3 Day and I've always cheered for Buck because I cheered for his dad Bruce when he was still active in the sport.  "Reggie" will be at Breyerfest this year and if there was a chance Buck was going to be there, too, I would probably make more of an effort to go.  I know I would if it was Beezie Madden.  I just remembered.  The Longines FEI World Cup is going to be in Las Vegas this year.  I have been toying with Las Vegas as my trip destination, but Beezie didn't participate in the 2017 games so I have no reason to think she would do 2020.  She's usually competing in Wellington in April and if she goes elsewhere for an event, it's usually relatively nearby.  I wonder what she has against the West Coast.  hahaha.

Okay, this has gotten off-track.  I should probably get to work.  I will update with a photo of the SR model when it becomes available.  Til next time!

4 comments:

  1. Wow! Thanks for the Ballynoe blurb! That's neat you watched them on the Rolex Kentucky 3 Day! i also adore the Show Jumping Warmblood model! Hope ya can go to Breyerfest and i hope all of your aforementioned heroes go, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I entered one of the Breyer web specials for you... Apollo, maybe was it...that was the Show Jumping Warmblood. I don't know that I've seen Buck competing on Reggie specifically since I don't watch Rolex every year, but it's possible I have.

      Delete
  2. Oh wow! Thank you for that! Susan entered for me as well and if memory serves me right, neither you nor i got picked but she did! Apollo is still here and will be until it is time for me to leave my collection and this earth! LOL! But thank you also for having entered for me other times as well for more than just Apollo! i know i'm "greedy" for more molds than you are but i have and will continue to enter for you when i can when it's one of your "guys" or "gals"!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't remember that far back. I thought I had actually won Apollo for you...? It doesn't matter. You have him. I don't think I've ever seen a web special come out where you weren't entering for yourself so I won't hold my breath on that. lol.

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every one.

That’s not fair! Lol

 Okay…so I was looking at Facebook earlier an say a model that caught my eye.  Now, this isn’t a super new mold,but this is only the, what, ...