Friday, January 24, 2020

First Breyerfest SR Release...

Originally I had planned to tack this on to the previous post as an update, but when I saw the model I decided it needed its own post.  Never before have I ever reacted to a Breyerfest SR like I did this one.  My jaw dropped and I began feeling a bit jittery.  Or maybe that's just the caffeine from the Coke I'm drinking...?  But seriously, I am in love...

Done on Sommer Prosser's mold of Danish Warmblood Strapless, Epona is a beautifully-shaded dark dapple grey frame overo pinto with a braided mane and tail.  Named for the ancient Celtic goddess who was the protector of horses, donkeys, mules and ponies, Epona will make a wonderful addition to (and protector of) your own herd at home.

And nobody guessed it correctly!  Although I'd like to point out that I was correct on the color.  I said it looked to be a steel grey.  Isn't she gorgeous?!  So now I really am in a conundrum... do I buy a ticket and pay the extra fee for pick-ups?  Do I buy a ticket and hope there's a post-BF leftover sale?  There wasn't one for 2019, but I didn't buy any tickets so it wouldn't have mattered.  Do I hope to pick up one on the secondary?  I am still in search of a good Rocket from 2019 so that hasn't worked out too well.  Or do I just GO and get my own?

Yesterday I looked at the numbers and I can make it work since it's not until July.  Nothing has to be paid for right this second.  I even have a nice selection of hotels to choose from with varying price points, depending on how much I want to spend or how close I want to be in the thick of it all.  What I keep coming back to, though, other than the stress and anxiety of the flight is...the zoos in the "area".  I would fly into Louisville on Thursday but I wouldn't get there until about 5pm so Thursday is shot.  I would be leaving for home about 1:00pm-ish so I'd need to be at the airport around 11am and the Louisville Zoo doesn't open until 10am, that's out of the question.  Can I...am I capable of... going to Kentucky and do NOTHING BUT horses?  I've never been there before.  I enjoy visiting zoos and would want to.  Zoo nuts like me plan vacations around visiting zoos.  Would I be able to not visit a zoo while I was there and just do horses?  I don't know.  I really don't know.  I haven't been to a new (to me) zoo in quite awhile, it seems.  I think the last one was Bearizona and that was 4 years ago.  <sigh>  I know having a lot of different interests can be a good thing, but in this situation, it isn't.  Even using an ECV I would need at least 2 hours at a zoo.

<sigh>

4 comments:

  1. She really is beautiful, this Epona!! She's not a mold i actively conga but i do have two. The Oration and the JCP Appy. i used to have Party Time but she was tippy and she didn't "cling" to me like the Appy did. Man, i, of course hope you can come to Breyerfest!! But i understand you wanting to do the zoo, too! shan, here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really am considering it. I just have to deal with not going to the zoos and be "happy" with it. There's only 2 that are close enough to visit, but with having to leave so early on Sunday, I don't know that I want to give up a horse day, you know? If I could stay until Monday then I could go to both and be happy as a clam.

      Delete
  2. Heheh. i have just been "challenged" on the term "Happy as a clam", yesterday! "What makes a clam happy?" the challenger asked. But yeah! i hope you can both come to Breyerfest AND make the whole thing worth while!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know which surprises me more...that you use "happy as a clam" or that someone challenged you on it after using it. I don't think anyone has ever asked me about happy clams after I've used it. hahaha.

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every one.

That’s not fair! Lol

 Okay…so I was looking at Facebook earlier an say a model that caught my eye.  Now, this isn’t a super new mold,but this is only the, what, ...