Friday, December 20, 2019

Seattle Soiree...

No!  No!  No!  No!  No!  NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Did I say 'no'?

I just went to check Blab and what do I see?  A post about the next Breyer collector event; Seattle Soiree.  For a moment I was quite excited.  A chance to redeem what happened with Scottsdale Stampede and in my hometown of Seattle.  And then...I saw...the date.  May 15-17th 2020.  Why, Breyer, why?  All your other collector events have been in the fall so why are you changing that now?  I have very little chance of being able to afford something that soon.  Even if I save all of my pennies and my tax refund, there's very little chance.  There is still a tiny chance.  A very tiny chance.  So I will probably still enter for the drawing in January.  

There aren't many details yet.  From the Breyer website:

Mark your calendars for the long awaited 2020 Collector Event! The Seattle Soiree is open to 2020 Collector Club members - be sure your membership is up to date!

More details will be revealed soon but highlights will include a Friday evening welcome reception for Soiree guests and exclusive, private tours of the Pegasus Training & Rehabilitation Center and Misty Hollow Farms followed by an evening celebration. Sunday morning, guests will have the opportunity to shop at the Breyer Boutique featuring models created specifically for this event.

ABOUT THE FARMS

Pegasus, founded by Dr. Mark Dedomenico, offers training and rehabilitation services that are innovative and backed by cutting-edge research.  Facilities include an equine swimming pool, spa, solarium, and treadmill!  Misty Hollow, home to trainers Vinton and Ann Karrasch, is Seattle’s premier hunter and jumper facility.  This facility boasts huge indoor and outdoor arenas, state of the art facilities, and a variety of amenities for its resident horses.  Both facilities are thrilled to be welcoming our Breyer Collector Club members for this exclusive experience next spring!
The lottery entry period will open from January 6th to January 12th and winners will be selected on January 13th. Restricted to participants ages 7+.

Limited to one purchase per Collector Club Member.
Purchase is limited to up to two tickets.
Stay tuned for more information!
--------
I just don't know.  I've been wanting to go back to Seattle since my brief visit in 2004, but I had visions of visiting lighthouses and the zoo.  I would have to rent a car to do that.  Well, not the zoo because they have buses that go there.  I have a couple of pictures of me at the Woodland Park Zoo when I was a kid and we still lived there.  Can I be away from home for 4 days, though?  Leave Friday and come back Monday?  I should probably put the time in at work "just in case" so nobody can take it.  I think I am going to at least enter for the chance.  You never know.  Right?

2 comments:

  1. OHMYGOSH!!! THANK YOU FOR TELLING ME!!! shannon, here! i wanna go sooooo badly!!! i sooo hope you get picked too! You'd think i'd find out on blab...You get the pride of telling me before blab did! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, the thread about it has fallen off the first couple of pages...or at least the first page and a half so if you haven’t been on in a couple days, you wouldn’t have seen it. So you’re going to enter then?

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every one.

That’s not fair! Lol

 Okay…so I was looking at Facebook earlier an say a model that caught my eye.  Now, this isn’t a super new mold,but this is only the, what, ...