Friday, December 20, 2019

More new models for 2020...

Today's post was going to be about Stablemates and whether or not I wanted to join the Stablemate Club again.  But now it's not.  It's still about Stablemates, but in a different way.  I will say, however, that I will not be joining the Stablemate Club for 2020.  I just don't love the molds enough to spend the money.  I would have to join the 2020 Collector Club first and then shell out more money for the SMC.  I'm not saying I won't be joining the Collector Club, but I just don't want to do it right now simply to be able to join the SMC.  I will probably join in January so I get the most out of my membership.  I wish they'd go back to the old way of doing it.  You could join anytime during the year and it would be good for one full year.  Now, if you join in July 2020, you have to pay again in January to get your full year's worth.  Yes, it's only, what, $25, so you're not losing out on a whole lot of money, but...<sigh>  I don't know.  Maybe I will wait until something comes up in the club that I want and join then.  You know, like a web special.

So anyway...Can I just say, I would like Breyer to STOP with all these unicorn releases?  It seems like every time I turn around now, they're releasing something with a horn.  I know unicorns are popular with a lot of people and they seem to be really hot right now, but not everyone is into them.  Sure, I could just not buy them, but when you want to buy and unicorns are all there is, it's kind of irritating, you know?

Just about every year there is a Mystery Foal Surprise where you can see the parents, but the foal is a "surprise".  Last year I bought all of them because they each had at least one of the molds I conga.  This year?  Yup.  All unicorns...
The two molds I conga are in the same one, which is convenient, but I don't do pink and I don't do Unicorns.

And then there's the clearware set that you can paint yourself.  It they're supposed to be suncatchers, but they're...unicorns...
                                   
I am not sure what I think of the suncatcher thing, but I know I don't want the unicorns and I like two of the molds.  They do seem to be getting a lot of mileage out of the mini Alborozo, don't they?  If they weren't unicorns I could probably buy the kit.

They are, however, doing something a little different with the mystery Stablemates that don't include unicorns, but apparently it's a "blind ship" type thing like the 70th Anniversary horses. 
Instead of getting 3 horses, you're getting two.  For the same price as the 3.  I don't collect foals, but it's the price you pay when you do collect the parents.  I like 3 of them and actively conga one.  I'm trying to start on the 2 others.  Unfortunately, though, if the packaging is how it looks, there's no way of knowing which one you're going to get.  Yes, I understand that's part of the surprise, but when you're only trying for certain ones, you don't want 10 of the one you DON'T want just to get the 3 you do.  I get enough of that with the Pusheen blind boxes.  I don't have a Breyer dealer locally anymore.  There's a toy store up the road from my office that has "some" Breyers and a couple of tack stores floating around that still sell Breyers, but they're not convenient enough to just drop by and they're not knowledgeable enough to be able to call them up and ask them about certain models so I have to get mine via Amazon or Ebay.  Or the Breyer website, but if the Stable Surprise is a "blind ship" then I won't be able to just buy the ones I want and not have to worry about getting duplicates.  <sigh>

Yes, I know I sound like sour grapes or something and nobody is forcing me to do anything or buy anything.  I'm just expressing my frustration.  I know I'm not the only one who is over the unicorn fad.  Well, I'm not over it because I was never "under" it.  hahahaha.  I'm probably in the minority, though, which isn't unusual, but my wallet sure will be happy by the lack of horses I want to buy.

So, next week is Christmas.  Wednesday.  I am off work the whole week.  Yay.  I don't have any solid plans other than do some cleaning I've been meaning to do, and organizing my horses.  With that being said, I may or may not post anything next week.  Most of my posts are done on a desktop computer at work because it's easier.  I know I've said that before.  I haven't decided, yet, though, what I will be doing.  It'll be what I call a "Game Day Decision", meaning I'll decide on the actual day.  I had wanted to go to Las Vegas on Thursday, but that probably isn't happening now.  Another option is to go to Sedona, but I will have to see what the weather report is for Thursday and Friday as it is supposed to be "wintery" around Christmas and the last time I went to Sedona and it was snowing, I nearly got stuck on an unplowed road.  I love the snow, but I don't have four wheel drive.  Anyway, even if I don't make any regular posts, I will be planning for future ones.  That didn't come out right.  I will be "making content" (photos etc) for future ones. 

Okay, I'm going to shut up now.  I have lots to do at work before the end of the day.  Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every one.

That’s not fair! Lol

 Okay…so I was looking at Facebook earlier an say a model that caught my eye.  Now, this isn’t a super new mold,but this is only the, what, ...