Tuesday, December 24, 2019

Models in the snow...

First off...Merry Christmas (Eve), Happy Holidays and Happy Hanukkah...whatever you celebrate.  Or, Happy Tuesday if you don’t observe the holidays.  I used to have a co-worker who didn’t so we had to remember not to give her any birthday or holiday cards to sign, but they do sign “congratulations” and “get well soon” ones so it was sometimes difficult to know which ones to give her and which not.  I sort of took it upon myself to alert new coworkers to not give her the holiday and birthday ones we pass around and she appreciated it.

As an adult with no kids in the family, we don’t really celebrate Christmas anymore.  My mom, my brother and I have a nice dinner and that’s about it.  If we exchange gifts, it’s a family gift that benefits us all such as a new tv or piece of furniture that needs replacing.  We don’t have any family traditions that we observe anymore, but I do have a personal one...the annual marathon of A Christmas Story...
It starts at 9pm on Christmas Eve on TBS and 10pm Christmas Eve on TNT and run until 7 and 8pm respectively as the last showings on Christmas Day.  I don’t watch the entire marathon, but I do see bits and pieces of the movie on both networks.  My only “requirement” is that I have to see at least one showing all the way through.  So that is what I’m looking forward to tonight.

ANYWAY...lol...I get off-topic too easily...

Where I live...near Phoenix...it doesn’t snow.  Not really.  We get what the weather people call “Graupel”, which is a mixture of snow and hail...
The above photo of my car (the black one) was taken a few years ago at my office building.  The elevation there is, like, 1000 feet.  Maybe 1,200.  The lowest elevation we get genuine snow at is about 2,500 which is only about 20 minutes from where this picture was taken.  The thing I disliked about where this building was located was that we were on the third floor and you could see when it was snowing in Cave Creek.  I love snow.  I love the sound it makes when it’s actively falling.  Yes, it makes a sound.  Trust me.

To get any sort of decent snow, you have to drive a little over an hour to Payson or two hours to Flagstaff.  Today it is snowing in Flagstaff.  Tomorrow it is supposed to snow in Flagstaff and on Friday as well.  What day is it NOT snowing in Flagstaff?  Thursday.  Why does it matter?  Thursday was the day I picked to go to Sedona to take pictures of some models amongst the iconic red rocks.  I would rather go to Flagstaff and there should be snow on the ground, still, on Thursday and it would be safer driving-wise, to go on Thursday, but I want to go when it’s actively snowing.  I have visions in my head of getting photos such as...


Of course there is that whole “Expectation vs Reality” thing and my photos won’t look anything like that.  Not even close.  But I want to try.

Probably, safety-wise, it would be best to go on Thursday.  I can drive in the snow, but I’d rather not have to turn around because the snowfall is getting too heavy.  I don’t have snow tires or chains.  Not necessary in the Phoenix area.  Will I end up not going anywhere?  <sigh>. That’s always a possibility.  I guess we won’t find out until Thursday.

Take care, everyone!

2 comments:

  1. Models in the snow...Very pretty indeed! Although i grew up in Colorado, it never dawned on me to photograph my model horses in the snow! Wishing i would have now, though! Whatever ever you decide to do, i wish you safe travels! ~shannon here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes you don’t think to do something until you see someone else’s photos and sometimes it’s too late by then.

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every one.

That’s not fair! Lol

 Okay…so I was looking at Facebook earlier an say a model that caught my eye.  Now, this isn’t a super new mold,but this is only the, what, ...