Friday, December 27, 2019

A fun day, but... And an update...

Well, yesterday I had planned to go on a road trip and hopefully take some pictures of models in the snow...it didn’t happen.  Not entirely, anyway.  I did go to where there was snow, but there were no opportunities to take any pictures.  I actually had a really funny “story” involving Jake the Farrier, but I couldn’t even make that happen and it wouldn’t make sense to do it without it being obviously cold.  So I’m bummed by that.  But I did get to see some snow and that makes me happy.

So today, instead of sharing fun snow pictures, I’m going to talk about what Breyer has been up to lately.

Breyer seems to really be wanting me to join the Stablemate Club for 2020.  I’m not a fan of the Alborozo model, but it will be the Gamblers Choice for 2020...



The only one I absolutely do not care for is the blue unicorn one, which almost guarantees that’s the one I will get.  Lol.  My favorites are the paint and rose grey chestnut kind of one.  Lol.

So, with the reveal of the colors of this one, that makes 3 of the so far shown 6 models that I would not be opposed to having, but I still don’t know if it’s enough to encourage me to join the club... Given that the year is going to be over in just a few days, I am going to need to make that decision real fast...

Another thing Breyer did yesterday was announce a “Clearance Sale”...someone needs to give them a dictionary.  The prices of the models were not “on sale” let alone at clearance prices.  Don’t get me wrong...I was happy they were offering Premier Club models to Collector Club members and when I saw on Blab that Emerson was one of the models available, I got super excited...until I saw the price...$200.  No, thanks.  Breyer needs to learn the definition of “sale” and “clearance” for sure.  Hahahaha.  When you want to clear models out, you don’t increase the price.

Well, I guess that is it for now.  I hope everyone has a great weekend!

Apparently that isn’t it for now.  I went to check my Facebook feed to see if anything interesting was going on before laying down for another couple of hours and Breyer has hit us with another model.  A model I would very much like to have, but at $295...it’s not happening.  Not if I want to have any hopes of going to Seattle Soirée should I get picked...but dang if Ambrose isn’t a total drool-worthy model.  The price surprises me, though.  It doesn’t seem to be a micro run and it’s something you can buy outright, not enter for a chance to buy.  It’s been awhile since I’ve wanted a model this much, but I won’t buy it.  If it was $100 less then it would be much more tempting and I’m sure the price will turn a lot of people off, but there will be lots of people who won’t hesitate to buy.  Anyway, without further ado...meet Ambrose...
Okay.  That’s it for now...for reals this time lol.

2 comments:

  1. Ambrose came to my husband's phone this AM! i said LOVE!!! Until i saw the price. Nope. Not buying him and didn't. i was surprised he sold out! Now if that paintjob had been done on a mold i collect, then i must admit i'd need the blue couch of shame to hide behind!

    i didn't bite on Breyer's alleged "clearance sale" either. i might have liked to have the Gold Charm cows, but...That's the thing with Breyer is they don't mark the things down very much. And on Emerson, he was only marked up by $4.50, but still, it IS a markup. Maybe that is because it wouldn't be fair to all those PC members that paid $175 for him (Emerson) plus $20.50 in shipping for him?

    That's okay you didn't get snow pix as it is always awesome to hear you talk about model horses and their molds! Even if they aren't your favorites! Alborozo, or "Bozo" as i like to call him is pretty but he isn't my most favorite mold. That said, the Appy Bozo of the 2020 SM Club is to DIE for so not only will i have a membership for the SMs, but my hubby will too in hopes of getting an Appaloosa! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. If Breyer is worried about keeping PC members happy then they shouldn’t have put Emerson in a so-called Clearamce Sale. I can understand not wanting to sell him at a reduced price because of him being a PC model, but... in all honesty, I can’t think of a way to title the whole thing so as to make it sound better and more appropriate.

    It surprises me Ambrose sold out considering how much people were complaining about his price, but I guess the hobby goes beyond Blab. Lol.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every one.

That’s not fair! Lol

 Okay…so I was looking at Facebook earlier an say a model that caught my eye.  Now, this isn’t a super new mold,but this is only the, what, ...