Sunday, July 14, 2019

Breyerfest 2020

well, as Breyerfest 2019 winds down, the thing everyone waits for has been announced:  next year’s theme.  We already found out the date is July 10-12 and now we know the theme is:
I’m not sure how I feel about this theme.  There was a lot of speculation on Blab about what it could be and some of them were...well...Anyway, someone said they’d discovered an Irish band was booked in Lexington the same weekend and concluded the theme would be Celtic or Irish and she was correct.  It’s still nice to get confirmation, though.

Will 2020 be my year to go?  I don’t know.  I’m actually more excited for the opportunity to visit 3 zoos in the area than I am about actually attending Breyerfest.  I already have it mapped out in my head.  I know people go to BF just for BF, and I get that.  It costs a lot of money for some people and they want to make the most out of it.  I also know people who go every year and don’t do anything outside of BF a and catching up with friends.  But as I said, they go every year.  I’ve never been to that part of the country before so there’s other things I’d like to do.

As I mentioned in my last post, 2020 will be a milestone birthday so I’d like to do something big.  That being said, an event that might change my mind about going to BF would be the location of an annual planner conference called Go Wild.  It is held in a different location every year and 2020 hasn’t been announced yet.  The producers of the conference held a bracket style poll of where to hold it and it was dwindled down to four cities:  Chicago, Orlando, Philadelphia and DC.  If it’s held in Chicago or Orlando I would definitely consider it because I would also be able to combine Lighthouses and zoos.  If it’s Philly or DC then I won’t.  I just don’t know yet but I may bust out Larry and Tim just to be on the safe side...
These two were the first Stablemates I got as a pickup from Breyerfest and decided a year or two later they would be my mascots for helping me get to the next BF.  I had a decorated box for saving money and everything.  But I didn’t go...obviously.  So I may have to “dust them off” and put them to use again.  We will see.

Happy Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every one.

That’s not fair! Lol

 Okay…so I was looking at Facebook earlier an say a model that caught my eye.  Now, this isn’t a super new mold,but this is only the, what, ...