Friday, August 13, 2021

Holy Canoli! It’s Friday the 13th! It’s also Breyerfest discussion time….

 *disclaimer*  I probably had a different experience than most so some parts of this posts might negatively affect that.  But as you all know, I try to keep things positive around here.  I have to be pretty upset to go off-script.  So, let’s get started…

First we will address the sucky part…shortly after I was able to select my SRs and some SWAG, I got real sick again and ended up back at the hospital and now I’m at another hospital awaiting surgery.  The second sucky thing of that was it happened the day I was supposed to go home.  Grrrrr.  But, as I said, I did get to make my selections and pay for them.

So…was BreyerFest 2021 just BreyerMess 2.0?  A continuation from last year?  Some of you may remember, last year the experience was so bad I said I wouldn’t do it if it was held virtually again.  So why did I?  In all honesty, I’m not real sure!  Lol.  I know part of it had to do with the (shhh! secret Marwari), but that had some to do with it.  I think I bought into the “we fixed the problems” and decided to give them another chance.  But I think they traded several problems for one, which is an improvement, I suppose.  I’ll talk about that later.  I liked the concept of them putting your selections in your cart and giving you all weekend to buy them.  I thought that worked pretty well.  I was also able to get the larger set of Stablemates, which makes me happy.  And I didn’t have to sit there and watch for a restock like last year.  They were available when my SRs were so I bought it.  I also went back for some goodies, which I’ve never done before so I have some logoed SWAG coming my way.  Anyway, I was selected for two models:  Tasilli and Ansel.  In the end,  I only ended up buying Tasilli, although now I regret not getting Ansel…more on that later, although, by now, you probably know.  Okay, so something I didn’t like that was different from last year was the inability to enter any of the contests such as the diorama and assorted others.  Something about it being illegal to have to pay to enter a contest…?  Thing is, nobody could find the actual so-called law for Arizona but we were still included.  I hadn’t planned on entering any of the contests, but we also couldn’t get a straight answer about whether that included the photo shows or not and showing in some format (live or photo) is something I’d like to get involved in again.  And I know for a fact that you have to pay entry fees for shows so I don’t know.  

This is my first BF experience here i forayed into the auction world.  I saw that they were available for pre-bidding and I knew they would go way above my budget, but I still wanted to bid on some and for 24 hours, I was actually the High Bidder.



Surprisingly, even though I conga Lady Phase, the one I wanted most was Old Timer with his bright blue hat and leopard appy pattern.  All three went for more than $6,000.  Totally beyond my budget.  And then there’s this neat little guy, who was sold before I even knew about his existence.  I conga the mold and while I don’t collect decorators, I’d make an exception for him.  I used to play in the school band and he’s just so well done…
Last year I did a “Good, Bad, Ugly” type post and I think I will end with that.  I’ve already done Good and Bad so now it’s time for Ugly.  I think it’s worse this year than it was last and that’s the shipping and the fact that we had no idea what the Surprise model was for quite some time.  Not even a hint.  At In-Person events we know the first day.  This year, similar to last year, it was a couple of weeks before we found out and part of the thing I attribute to that is the shipping delays.  I kept looking for spoilers since I didn’t get a Surprise model, but there were none,  People keep pointing out that they have a lot to ship out, but they did last year, too, and I don’t think it took as long last year.  I just looked at my account and confirmed it did not take as long as this year.  But the good news is that both my boxes are due to arrive today so…yay!

Finally, the reason for wishing I had bought the offered Ansel…
Breyer hit us with a bunch of variations and I really like the one for Ansel.  The ble color doesn’t go against my “no decorators” because his pattern is still a realistic one.  Obviously there’s no guarantee I would’ve gotten the blue one, but the chance would’ve been fun.  There’s a chance I may have gotten the variation of the Sh!!! Super Secret Marwari, but I hope I don’t because I don’t care much for it.

Well…I guess that’s it for now.  Til next time!


4 comments:

  1. WHOA that Andalusian SM!!! NEVER saw him before your post, here, on you blog! Wonder how many were made and how i could possibly get one for you and one for me?? i, like you, Brenda, conga this lil guy! Sigh. Cannot believe how many horses i wasn't able to get this year....i am like Debra of "DooWiki" fame in that i wished Breyer wouldn't do those rare variations as it causes much envy and strife. For me, anyway. i LOVE leopard Appies and i've adored the rainbow since sixth grade so, yeah, i would have been delighted with one of the MANY Rainbows MANY people received MANY of, lol! Also loved all of the other variations and would have loved to have any one of them except the dark Uff. And i wouldn't have minded being the last to get my horses if i could have gotten something special along with most of the rest of the folks. Oh well. (in case you were wondering who this whiner was, lol, shan.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Would you believe I can’t find any dang diglitty ang thing about the little guy. Not even the original photo. Did I imagine him? But you see the picture, too, right? Oh boy.

      Yeah, I’m not a fan of the gazillion variations either. Too much, especially if you’re a completionist-type person

      Delete
    2. Yep! See him alright! Music lover that i am!

      Yeah, i need to stop being that person; that completionist person. It's too hard. Wish i could greatly narrow my congas down to just a few...then i wouldn't be as pushed/stressed to get so many dingdang horses, lol!

      Delete
    3. Oh we’ve talked about that several times. Lol. I feel the same way.

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every one.

That’s not fair! Lol

 Okay…so I was looking at Facebook earlier an say a model that caught my eye.  Now, this isn’t a super new mold,but this is only the, what, ...