Sunday, May 23, 2021

I want to talk...

 

Have you ever suddenly gotten the desire to talk to someone about a specific subject until you are blue in the face, but lack having anyone to talk to?  That’s where I am right now...I spent a lot of time today looking at models and model-sized dolls on Instagram and it led me to almost a physical need to chat with someone on the subject.  But...sadly...I have no one.  Not really.  I only really have two friends in the hobby.  Both are married and live in different states.  One has children and a lot going on right now and the other travels a lot with her husband.  Last I heard they were in Alabama.  She doesn’t have her own cell phone so the only time we can chat is when she’s on her computer and we can send messages via Facebook.  The one with kids, we’re not really a chat all the time type of friends.  We exchange private messages on Blab.    And the thing of it is, I don’t even have anything specific I want to talk about...I just want to talk about model horses.  When you literally have nothing to do but lie in bed for 24 hours, it’s not hard to get lonely and want to talk.

I can always come here to talk or get things off my mind, but it’s not the same since it’s one-sided.  Mostly.  Some people respond, but it might be days later rather than real-time and that’s what I am needing.  So then what?  How do I rectify the problem?  It’s not like it’s a new one.  I’ve never really had any friends in the hobby who were interested in talking about models as much as I can sometimes.  I’m not saying I want to talk about them ALL the time, but sometimes something exciting happens and you have to get it out.  I can remember back in the 90s I had gone to a live show in Oceanside, California with a local hobbyist who was also sort of a friend.  On the drive home I was still riding high from a great trip and wanted to talk about it and the show and she basically told me to be quiet.  That she needed silence for a little while.  Needless to say, that took the wind out of my sails.  Maybe sometimes I do talk about one subject a little too much, but when you rarely have anyone to talk to about that subject you tend to go on a bit.  Lol.  Bottom line...I need more hobby friends I can chat horses with.

Yeah, I suppose I am feeling sorry for myself and this post doesn’t serve any purpose.  I probably shouldn’t even post it but I’m going to because this is “real life” and I’m hoping to find that perhaps others struggle with the same or similar issues and can find comfort in knowing you aren’t the only one.

Til next time...

2 comments:

  1. I can actually relate to this post very much. There was a time I had no one to waffle about this hobby with, other than just occasionally. One of my obstacles in this issue has always been the fact that I don't have Facebooks and such, where the most hobbyists seem to live these days. I have had at least a few fellow enthusiasts as friends for some years now, and I mostly prefer Discord to chat with them; I may talk with some basically every day. And yes, I am crazily enthusiastic about model horses, so, you are not alone in this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for sharing and letting me know I’m not alone. I may have to look into Discord. I’ve heard of it but don’t really know what it is.

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every one.

That’s not fair! Lol

 Okay…so I was looking at Facebook earlier an say a model that caught my eye.  Now, this isn’t a super new mold,but this is only the, what, ...