Wednesday, February 17, 2021

Atticus has landed...

 I think this is a new record for the fastest time I've gotten something from Breyer.  I got an email on Monday telling me my SM Club model had shipped and would be arriving on Wednesday.  Then I got an email from UPS saying it was actually arriving TUESDAY.  As in, yesterday Tuesday.  I was surprised, but it was a happy kind of surprise, obviously.  So yesterday, my tiny little Breyer shipping box arrived.  I was almost as excited to see what the new boxes looked like as I was about seeing if I got the matte or glossy Atticus.  

So, I opened the outer shipping box and managed to slide out the new model box.  The inner box is almost as big as the shipping box so they fit in there pretty snugly...

It's pretty neat.  Not quite what I was imaging it to look like, other than the nesting part.  That's hard to explain.  The top fits over the bottom.  hahaha.  Like the old style boxes from the 1970s.  I guess I was hoping the design would look more like the old picture box, too.  Anyway, inside that box was the model, all wrapped up in bubble wrap...
I know the model is upside down, but the photo is not.  Just the model.  It doesn't really give away if it's a matte or glossy in there, so which did I get...?
The glossy!  I was more hoping for the matte, but I'm fine with the glossy.  He's in good shape.  No major or even minor flaws so my records stands at however many I've gotten from Breyer.  Of course, now that I've said that, my next one is going to be horribly flawed.  But I've said that before and haven't gotten a flawed model as a result so I might be okay.

So now for the disclaimer...this wasn't an "Official" unboxing.  I actually unboxed it last night and looked then did it again this morning to take pictures.  I could've kept quiet about it, but that just seems too deceptive, you know?  hahaha.

**Coming Soon** '90s Throwback
Grag your Trapper-Keeper (I had one with horses on it), some gel pens and put your hair up in a scrunchi because this decorator model is bringing the '90s back!  A vibrant mix of '90s themed colors in bright turquoise, purple and pink that's sure to make your inner '90s child free, like totally, excited ("like totally" was an 80s thing, not 90s).  With pearly white markings and a bold leopard pattern running down his body, '90s Throwback isn't afraid to stand out from the crowd.  An excited addition to our decorator series!
This will not be on my list of models to buy when it comes out.  I don't collect the mold nor do I collect decorators like this, which I've probably said a time or two.  hahaha.  Even if the colorway was on a model I DO collect, I wouldn't buy it anyway.  But that's okay.  There's others who would.  And something else just occurred to me...many of the references they used are from the 80s...Trapper Keeper.  Scrunchie.  "Like, totally".  All of those originated from the 80s.  I'm now officially offended they did that.  hahaha.  Not really, but come on.   

Now, some of you might be wondering what is so special about this particular model that I chose to feature it here even though it's not a Special Run or something...it's because it kept popping up everywhere as a recommendation, that's why, and I was getting tired of seeing it.  And speaking of being offended...I found a channel on YouTube called Half_and_bad_ass that apparently is trying to make a jump from Tik Tok videos to YouTube.  The girl who films the videos has a 2 1/2 year old spotted mule named Flynn and she lives in Norco, which is a very horse-centric community in Southern California.  She swears a lot in her videos.  Most swearing I don't really care about, but she's always saying "G*D dangit" (except not dangit) Flynn, don't do this or don't do that.  And the irony to those words she uses is that she calls Chik-Fil-A "God's Drive-thru" so she'll say "G*D Dangit, Flynn" (again, using the actual swear words) don't eat the Lord's bushes and stuff like that.  But why would I mention this in regards to being offended?  Because apparently Flynn is offended by EVERYTHING and she spends the entire video saying "Flynn is offended by this" and "Flynn is offended by that".    She also sings a lot and seems rather bossy towards her two friends that sometimes rides with her to whatever fast food place she goes to.  If you want to see some of the videos for yourself, here is a link to her YouTube channel.  It's fun watching them go to the different drive thrus, but I can do without her commentary and singing and different arms movements and such.

Today I watched a new-to-me shark movie.  It was called Oija Shark.  I've avoided watching it because the synopsis seemed really dumb, but today I decided to bite the bullet, so to speak...I should've just stayed away.  The acting was beyond horrendous.  BEYOND horrendous.  But Sharkie got to see one of his relatives so I guess that was okay...
Yes.  The shark is a spirit but can attack and eat people both on land and in water.  Great, huh?  Someone needs to get busy and make me some new mutant shark movies.  hahaha.

That's it for now.  Til next time!


7 comments:

  1. Nice Atticus! Glad he was a good one. Not sure how I feel about the new boxes, I’ll have to see it in person first.
    I like totally agree with you-I think someone at Breyer got their decades mixed up for the ‘90s Throwback description. Hahahaha!
    I’ll have to take a look at Flynn and his being offended.
    I’ve never heard of the Ouija Shark movie, but the horrendous acting bit caught my attention. Now I want to watch it! Glad Sharkie enjoyed the movie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness the acting is soooooo bad. Hahahaha. Usually when acting is that bad I will stop watching, but I couldn’t seem to stop with this one. And the ending has a very strange twist. You need to let me know if you watch it so we can discuss it.

      If you end up watching any of those Flynn videos, be prepared for him to be offended by everything and constantly. Ugh. I enjoyed it because of the trips through the drive-thrus. I once rode a horse through a liquor store drive thru but the manager was a family friend and it was way back when horses still had right of way in the city.

      Delete
  2. i guess add me to the camp of checking your Flynn link...i love your Atticus and hope mine is glossy!(i couldn't pay for mine til the 19th) The one i collected for my friend in Ecuador is glossy!

    i'm not one for shark movies, but i am glad you, Brenda, sometimes...enjoy them, lol. i remember having nightmares as a kid from Jaws movies, haha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. (shan, heres) With ya on the Flynn link; she's too cussy. i love the horses and mule going through the drivethrough thoughs! :D Thank you for posting the link!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. See? I told you! hahaha. Waaaaaay too cussy. But it's fun watching them go through the drive-thrus, which is how I came across her channel to begin with. I did a YT search of "horse in drive thru".

      It's kind of funny. My brother really likes Shark Week, which is a week-long thing of documentaries on cable about different sharks and where to find them and stuff. He likes the real shark stuff. I like real sharks, too, but I prefer watching the giant, mutated ones go after people than live seals, you know? A movie like Jaws is "possible", but not Sharktopus (half shark/half octopus) or a 5 headed shark. etc etc. I like those movies because they're fake.

      Delete
  4. Yep, Yes, you did say it was way too cussy! But, man, would i love going through a drive-through with a horse!

    i LOVE your Atticus!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Going through a drive thru on horseback is definitely fun. But in a community like Norco, where it isn’t uncommon to see horses being ridden on city streets...well, alongside them...I think it would get boring after awhile. Kind of a “been there, done that, here’s the tshirt” thing, you know?

      I need to get a better picture-taking setup for my desk. You can barely even see Atticus because he’s dark and the background was dark. I have a light-colored backdrop cloth, but I haven’t unboxed it, yet.

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every one.

That’s not fair! Lol

 Okay…so I was looking at Facebook earlier an say a model that caught my eye.  Now, this isn’t a super new mold,but this is only the, what, ...