Monday, January 4, 2021

Breyerfest 2021 Celebration Horse...and a Breyerfest announcement...

With her loud appaloosa coat, it's no wonder that Danash's Northern Tempest, known by many as "Dani", turns heads during her rounds in the Florida Hunter circuit!  When owner/ride Laura Reece moved to Florida, she rekindled her love for horseback riding that had been put on hold since high school.  She purchased the 2013 Friesian/Appaloosa mare as an unfinished 4 year old, a bit unusual for an amateur rider, but Danie's easygoing demeanor and beautiful movement made for a natural pairing.
Dani and Laura have since become the Circuit Champions in Rusty Stirrup for ESP's 2019-2020 Holiday Series and trainer Ashley Glica has also shown her in the USHJA 3' division, Green Hunter 3' and Derby.  "Every time we school or compete, we both learn something new." Laura told us.  "We are continually being challenged and that's what makes our bond so rewarding."

That refreshing perspective is part of this pair's appeal and from Dani's Instagram following to the duo gracing the cover of Wellington the Magazine, it's obvious others see it too!  We cannot wait for Laura and Dani to join us for BreyerFest 2021: Horse of a Different Color.

Well, I certainly hope she gets the chance to be seen, but it's unlikely BF 2021 will be held in-person so nobody will get to see the pair except via video and whomever is allowed at the Kentucky Horse Park.  It's a shame, really, but since the government controls so much of our lives right now, it's only a matter of time before Breyer announces Breyermess 2021: A Virtual Horse of a Different Color.  hahaha.

I have to say, I'm impressed Breyer was able to come up with a replacement horse and model so quickly after the Terry Bradshaw / Intuit fiasco and I'm glad it's not keeping Laura Reece from wanting to participate with her horse.  And while they did a pretty good job with the paint on the new model, it doesn't look a whole lot like Dani, in my opinion.  It looks like a paint job they've used a few times before.  Oh well.  Like I said, that's just my opinion.  Whether or not I participate in Breyermess 2.0 will remain to be seen...we will have to see what the SR offerings are first, but based on mine and many others' experience from 2020, it's not looking real promising.  hahaha.

So, it's the new year.  Yay?  Hahahaha.  I haven't made any hobby-related goals.  Not sure what they would be.  I can't say I won't buy as much, because I already don't buy all that many.  Maybe I will consider getting back into photo showing.  I have probably said that before.  hahaha.

Take care and til next time!

**update**. Well, it’s official.  Today, Breyer announced that Breyerfest 2021 will  be online again.  Obviously, I’m not surprised since I’ve said more than once that I had a feeling that was going to happen.  I am disappointed...not that I was going to be able to go anyway, but I really am not looking forward to a repeat performance of last year.  They are promising a better experience and all sorts of things, but they promised a lot of stuff last year that never happened or fell very short.  A lot of people are saying “it’s the right decision” blah blah blah.  Many of those people are still pinning all their hopes on an untested (as in long-term) vaccine.    At least they made the announcement now instead of waiting a couple of months down the road.  Whatever.  I’m over it and won’t be mentioning it again until they start releasing the SR models.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every one.

That’s not fair! Lol

 Okay…so I was looking at Facebook earlier an say a model that caught my eye.  Now, this isn’t a super new mold,but this is only the, what, ...