Wednesday, December 30, 2020

Nothing to see here...Not much anyway... lol

Hey there, Everyone.  How are you doing?  I hope everyone had a good Christmas and got everything you wanted (or deserved lol).  Next on the calendar is New Year's Eve / Day.

Speaking of which, now is the time when many bloggers post their Year In Review.  You won't see that here.  Many of those people are focusing on how the virus has changed how they participate in the hobby or how it's impacted their hobby life.  I'm not going to do that.  To be honest, the virus has not impacted me at all or my family.  We haven't changed anything about our daily lives and that seems to annoy a lot of people and I've been verbally attacked by people I thought were friends.  I haven't done anything exciting enough anyway to do a yearly recap.  I bought some horses...don't remember which months...I attended my first and probably last Breyerfest (Breyermess), albeit virtually and that's why it's likely to be the only one I "attend"...and I went to Las Vegas, which is totally non-related to the hobby.  I entered a few times for web specials, but didn't win anything and I lost out, again, on getting Acadia when Breyer had a surprise Pre-Black Friday Sale where they had some available.  So nothing worth doing a whole post about.

So...onto the next.  Breyer has released the pictures of models 5 and 6 for the Stablemate Club:

Raider on the Seabiscuit mold...
And Hendrik on the Django mold...

Raider is "okay", but I am totally loving Hendrik!  That color is so caramel-y and yummy looking.  I can't wait to get him!  So now we know what 5 of them look like...

The new sculpt is still unknown as is the optional 7th model.  It will be exciting to see what those two look like.  And apparently Atticus is a split run of glossy and matte.  I'm hoping to get the glossy one because I think he looks a lot better in gloss.  The matte version is just too "flat" and kind of weird-looking to me...


On a non-model note, but still horse related, I have an "indirect connection" to Totilas"
I know her dad more than her, but I remember her when she was just a child...like 4 or 5 years old.  She rides / competes for  Schockemohle in Germany.  I am a bit surprised, though, that she was allowed to ride him.  Or maybe she's only sitting on him, I don't know.  She certainly never competed on him and judging from the picture of her, this is a fairly recent one.  I don't know how recent, but fairly recent.  She's only lived in Germany for about 4 or 5 years now and she looks pretty mature in this photo.  I think she's 26 now?  Anyway, so I know someone who got to at least sit on Totilas.  Yeah, not really something worth going around and bragging about since I didn't know her super well.  That's why I put indirect connection in quotes.  hahaha.

So, back to models.  Recently I was looking at ebay to potentially add to my g2 Appaloosa conga.  I found a couple of models.  Also, I need to add to my Django conga, which is much smaller.  But I didn't buy any of them.  I started asking myself "why?".    What's the point?  I don't show.  All of my models just sit on shelves (or in their boxes) and collect dust.  I would like to get into photo showing again, but I don't know if I will.  But part of the problem with my way of thinking is dangerous.  The "what's the point" part.  If I allow myself to think that then that could lead to me not buying anymore models at all and then what?  Yes, I'm getting too deep here.  Should I just restrict myself to "models going forward" as in brand new ones and not worry about filling in my congas?  But some of my congas are small because they haven't been around for very long such as Django, Chrome, Dungaree, Walking TB... ones that have been released in the past couple of years.  I don't know.  I guess I need to think on it some, huh?   And I haven't given up on Acadia or Rocket.  Someone on Blab recently had a Rocket up for sale, but I didn't find out about it in time.

Well, I guess that is it for now.  Probably the next time I "see" you will be next year.  LOL.  I always liked saying that to my co-workers when leaving the office:  "See you next year."  Who knew that one day that would actually be true?  That I wouldn't see them, other than virtually, for a year.  Because we aren't supposed to move into our new office until June 2021 and by then it will have been over a year.  Anyway, until next time...

2 comments:

  1. WOW! You know Totias' owner? Or at least the owner's dad? That's cool! Did you get the paint on the new Tortias mold yet? i cannot remember if you did or not. i haven't gotten it yet, myself, but i wants hers! (they made a mare out of Totias; her name is "Adiah" or something like that.)

    i am pleased with all the SMC's SM offerings this year. On the Gambler's Choice i hope i get either the blue or the glossy dun! Looks like i conga the mini Croi, but i only have the Appy and the Sparkly Silver Filigree on the Traditional...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Noooo. I know someone who got to RIDE Totilas. I don't know what her affiliation is with the horse other than ride for the barn where he lived, but I don't know how she was able to be allowed to ride him. The girl in the photo didn't own Totilas, but I did know her dad more than her.

      No. I haven't gotten Adiah. I still think she looks too much like Enchante from BF.

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every one.

That’s not fair! Lol

 Okay…so I was looking at Facebook earlier an say a model that caught my eye.  Now, this isn’t a super new mold,but this is only the, what, ...