Wednesday, September 9, 2020

Well, dang it!

 Back in late July / Early August I pre-ordered an 8" Chief Brody doll from the movie Jaws.  I wasn't due out until September, but you didn't pay for it until it shipped.  I am big fan of the movie Jaws and when I saw the doll, I just KNEW I had to have it!

Look at all the fun accessories he comes with!  There's also a Quint doll, but who cares about that?  lol.  So, fast forward to either Sunday or Monday and I get a cancellation notice from the store where I'd ordered him from.  They said that due to some sort of licensing issues, they weren't going to be able sell him.  Huh?  Why didn't they have that all sorted out before offering him for pre-sale?  I don't get it.  Amazon has him for pre-sale, but it says it won't be in stock until March 2021.  Needless to say, I am super disappointed.  But what can I do?  Maybe the toy company didn't want to pay the licensing fees in order to be able to sell it...?  Who knows the reason behind it?  They're advertising other Jaws products on their website...I just don't know.

There's another doll that I won't buy because it's just too goofy, but I haven't shared it before.  It's Richard Simmons...



It's funny that there's two different heads for him, but both are kind of over the top.  Would this be Flamboyant Uncle Rick?  hahaha.  I like Richard Simmons, though.  I grew up watching his infomercials for his different diet programs.  He always seemed so genuine in his desire to help people.  It crushed me to see some of the comments people made when he took a step back from the spotlight a few years.  Some people even speculated that he was being held captive in his house by a housekeeper or something and that's why nobody saw him anymore.  But come on.  The guy spent his entire life helping people and he deserved a break.  Unfortunately, other than an appearance to show he wasn't being held hostage, nothing has been said about him.  I hope he's doing well.

On Saturday I have to go get my oil changed and windshield wipers replaced for my trip to Las Vegas on Sunday.  After that I have to drive to the closest Tractor Supply Co to pick up my Eclipse and a surprise.  hahaha.  The closest TSC is about 20 minutes or so away.  I'm looking forward to getting Eclipse.  A lot of people on Blab had their orders canceled, but it looked like the ones who did were picking them up at the store and the people whose orders weren't getting cancelled had done Ship To Store.  I didn't take a poll or anything so I don't know if that's the case, but there were people using the word "Pick up" and others used "Ship".

Well, not much else is going on right now so I guess I will go.  I hope everyone is doing well.  Til next time!


2 comments:

  1. Oh WOW! Jaws doll! And then, ah bummer no Jaws doll! :/ That sucks! i surely hope they get that one straightened out as he'd be awesome knocking on Jake's door!

    i did'nt see much of Richard growing up other than a few glimpses of him. i thought he was pretty goofy right along with Bob, heheh. But my parents paid for my degree to have the ability to think of Ross as silly, so i did. ;) Two lovable characters, though, Richard & Bob...(shan, here)

    Hope your Eclipse is nice! Still haven't heard about my Lapwai...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry. I meant to reply to your comment. I don’t really see Bob as goofy. Sure, he’s got the ‘fro but I read he let it grow out when maintaining the military cut got to be too expensive. And the soft voice is because of his years spent yelling at recruits. He said he wouldn’t raise his voice again. I didn’t make that part up.

      I got my Eclipse, but she hasn’t been de-boxed yet.

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every one.

That’s not fair! Lol

 Okay…so I was looking at Facebook earlier an say a model that caught my eye.  Now, this isn’t a super new mold,but this is only the, what, ...