Wednesday, May 27, 2020

A Sneak Peek Reveal and a bit of a deviation...oops!

It's Wednesday so we all know what that means.  Are you excited?  hahaha.  I didn't think so.

Anyway...

Breyer did a rather quick Sneak Peek to Reveal this week.  It was only shown on Monday and revealed today.  Maybe that's standard...I don't remember.  Sometimes we have to wait more than two days so it can be confusing.

So, on Monday Breyer showed us just a tiny square...
A lot of people were convinced it was Corbin, the new Irish Draught SM...I just sat back and laughed and all the people who were so certain.  But you know what?  They were right.

Give a warm Irish welcome to our BreyerfFest Fling! Pop-up Souvenir Shop Stablemate model, Eire!
Eire is Irish for "Ireland" and has been derived from the name Eriu, the ancient matron goddess of this incredible island nation.  Inspiring visions of rolling green hills, this eye-catching Irish Draft, mold #5740 sculpted by Eva Rossiter, has been done in green on a clearware model, with a shimmering gold interference and Celtic knotwork shamrocks on both hips.  And if that wasn't enough, this handsome fellow has been topped off with a high-gloss finish.

We hope this stunning little fellow will get your Irish eyes smiling!

I have Corbin and I like the mold so I would like to conga him, but I'm not so sure about a green clearware with shamrocks.  At least it's just one shamrock on each side rather than all over, but I don't collect decorators that aren't a realistic pattern.  I might buy him, though, because he's a clearware, which is kind of neat.  I still have some time to decide.

But that brings me to an "issue" I have.  Space.  I am in serious lack of it, but I'm having a mind-set right now where I want to BUY BUY BUY.  Stablemates aren't a huge issue, it's the bigger ones.  The Traditional size and, to some degree, Classics.  But mostly Traditionals.  I have several that are still in their boxes because I have no room to display them.  I probably would if it weren't for my other passion: Pusheen plush.  Don't know who Pusheen is?  Are you living under a rock?  Hahaha.  Pusheen is an internet sensation that is based on a real cat.  The cartoon version is an overweight grey tabby who really likes food.  Food of all kinds.  She was owned by the family of the cartoon cat's creator Claire Belton.  People who are fans of Pusheen can be amazing.  Guys and girls of all ages and nationalities love this cat and the "fun" people take their plushies out and take pictures...

In addition to plush, there's also merchandise such as shirts, water bottles, a quarterly subscription box and office supplies...
But the larger plush tend to take up a lot of space, too, so my collection of plushies fight for shelf space with my models and if I hadn't fallen down the Pusheen plush hole, I would have more room for horses.  hahaha.  Like with my models, though, I have become more picky about the Pusheen plush I buy.  They come in a variety of sizes from about 2 inches to...I think 2 feet tall.  I don't have those jumbo ones, though.  I wouldn't mind one, I just am not willing to spend the money on one.  Anyway, I try to only buy the 6 inch or smaller ones.  And like Breyer, they come out with new plush quite frequently and like Breyer, I don't have the desire to collect them all, space issues aside.  So I only buy the ones I really like and try to wait and see if it comes out in the "clip" size, which is the 6 inch ones.  It's called a clip because there's a clip on it that you can use to attach to a bag or backpack.

Boy, this blog post took a different direction.  I could talk for quite awhile about Pusheen, but this blog is about model horses.  hahahaha.

I guess I will end this here, then.  If anyone is still around, thank you.  Til next time.

6 comments:

  1. Actually, I use your blog to keep up with the Breyerfest Sneak Peaks, so I am glad that you blog. I am adding Eire to my buy list for BF. I really like the Corbin mold, although when I first saw pictures I was kinda so-so. Then he arrived-and I’m all “Ooooooooooo, another conga...” Interestingly enough, I took a fancy to Greyson. I’m not a huge TB person, and I was like whatever about him, I’ll just sell him or donate him. Then I saw the in-hand pictures on Blab, and I started to like him more. Then mine arrived-definitely conga worthy! I hear you on the space issue. I am currently deciding on which congas to let go, along with individual models I don’t love. I have so many horses it is crazy. However, with Breyer miniaturizing traditionals and classics, that may make it easier to collect them as SMs. The traditionals just take up so much space. I am so excited for the SM version of the VC Clydesdale stallion, and for the CC Fighting Stallion.
    I don’t have any Pusheens, but they are so cute! I’m sure I have room for a (few) two inch tall Pusheen...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I could de-conga or pare down some of my collection, but for some reason my brother seems to think I have to keep every single model I get. I still hear about The Great Purge of the 1990s. My early congas were unintentional because I bought based on liking the color more than the mold or "Wanting them all!!!", but my congas nowadays, including Corbin and Greyson, are intentional.

      Delete
  2. OOh yeah! i want Eire! Green...Check! Irish...Check! Clearware...Check! HSO...Check! More specifically, Corbin...Check! Love my glossy one of him!

    i, too, adore Pusheen and would collect more if i had more space for them. This "space" i speak of, though, seems to be hogged by my Breyers, haha! So i will continue enjoying the Pusheen's i have and will get more when they really strike a chord...i love it that you take pix of your Pusheens doing stuff out and about! They are soooo cute! And i sooo don't mind you derailing from the original blog because they are sooo cute!

    And as for letting go of a few congas, i geeve that some thought from time to time, but that's as far as it ever seems to get, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean. Sometimes I look at my model horse collection and have the desire to get rid of ALL of them. But it never goes beyond that thought. I’m not saying they don’t bring me joy, because they do. Just not always a whole lot of it all the time.

      Delete
  3. Yeah, and i understand this, too. If i hadn't had such an innate desire to have almost all the things Breyer puts out, i wouldn't have any. Like an "all or nothing" scenario. But that is kinda silly, too, ya know? NO way any of us can have all or most of these, haha! They do bring me joy and sometimes i wish i could be satisfied with less but when a conga gets completed or as close as i can get and or a certain display receives another prominent member, i gets so gooey inside and break out into head-splitting smiles looking at ALLLLLLL of the Breyers in the room! So. In short, i am a hopeless and lost cause, hahaha! (shan, here)<---and i know i don't say that all the time, but i tried making it auto save but i'm tech-challenged, haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't worry if you don't remember to say who you are because odds are I know it's you. hahaha. But anyway, I totally understand where you're coming from. The gooey feelings and the happiness at seeing all those plastic bodies.

      That reminds me, though, I was going to address something you'd mentioned earlier in the blog that I forgot to bring up in an email. ooops. hahaha.

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every one.

That’s not fair! Lol

 Okay…so I was looking at Facebook earlier an say a model that caught my eye.  Now, this isn’t a super new mold,but this is only the, what, ...