Tuesday, February 25, 2020

Finally...a reveal...Benelli

Benelli is the first reveal of a store special.  He's a blue roan Clydesdale gelding, a versatile asset for the Hawkes Ranch hitch as he can be driven in any position, but he truly shines out front as the leader of this hitch that pulls an unmistakable purple cart.  Hm.  I didn't know hitch horses had "preferred positions" within the hitch.  Interesting.

Anyway, this Scottish draft breed is typically bay or brown, but Benelli and his team, owned by Cheryl and Tony Hawkes, are all blue or black roan registered Clydesdales - truly a beautiful sight (verbiage from breyerhorses.com, not me).

A confident horse who loves attention, Benelli is the first horse to the gate to greet visitors and thrives off of the crowd's excitement when performing in the show ring.  We can't wait for you to meet him and members of his hitch team this summer at BreyerFest!

If Benelli is at the top of your shopping list, be sure to arrive at BreyerFest early - Store Specials typically sell out each day! 

So, here's what the model looks like...
And then the real horse...

Benelli is an attractive horse/model, for sure, but already I'm hearing the moans of "not another paint/pinto!"  I'm not even going to bother reading those.  I'm starting to agree, but do you need to complain every.  single.  time?  No!  hahahaha.  But I'm looking at the model and at the actual horse and I'm not seeing that much of a similarity between the two.  Yes, the mane and tail are black and the basic body color is silver/grey, but the markings are quite different.  The real Benelli looks more...uh...frosty?  while the model has very crisp paint markings.  Regardless, I don't plan to buy one.  I don't collect the Clydesdale mold.

Well, the other two sneak peaks are supposed to be revealed this week.  Well, one of them anyway.  The Breyerfest blog says "Keep your eyes on the BreyerFest blog for another reveal this week! so we'll get one but not necessarily both.  Some people on Blab have said Breyer has so much going on right now that revealing BF models isn't at the top of their priorities list and I get that to a point, but they really shouldn't keep revealing sneak peaks if they're not going to be timely in the reveal.  If they have the time to post the Sneak Peaks they have time to post the reveals, in my opinion.

Okay, I guess that's it for now.  Until next time, which should be tomorrow...

2 comments:

  1. Arrrrgh! This is model #3 that I want; I was kinda hoping I wouldn’t be enchanted by this year’s SR offerings. Guess that ain’t gonna happen. Lol! Interesting that the Hawkes’ hitch is comprised of blue and black roan Clydes. I guess everyone is used to the Budweiser Clydesdales. Speaking of them, when my mom was a little girl she got to sit on the back of one of the Budweiser Clydes. I do agree that the real Benelli is more frosty looking than the model. It would look closer to the real horse if the grey was lighter. Either way, I still want Benelli for my conga.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fortunately I'm not in love with this one. I like 3 others, but am probably going to just stick with Epona for now. That is really cool your mom got to sit on a Bud horse. I was at Sea World California once and was traumatized when I saw an incident involving the team hitch as it was coming back to the barn.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every one.

That’s not fair! Lol

 Okay…so I was looking at Facebook earlier an say a model that caught my eye.  Now, this isn’t a super new mold,but this is only the, what, ...