Friday, January 31, 2020

Meet...Oak...

Well, Breyer revealed the rest of the sneak peak and he is pretty cool-looking.  That makes TWO models I want from BF and they've only just started.  Does that mean I'm going to have to suck it up and go this year?
Oak's color is a little different than what I thought he would be.  He's not quite the same color and pattern as the Appy Performance Horse, but that's okay.  I like this color, actually, more than the APH.   He's presented as a Noriker done in a bay semi-leopard varnish appaloosa.

And how does Oak fit in with the Celtic theme of Breyerfest?  I'm glad you asked.  Oak trees feature prominently in Celtic mythology - they are an aspect of a magical trilogy of trees related to fairy lore.  Their use in sacred rituals dates back to the First Century, when Pliny the Elder described their incorporation into fertility rites performed by ancient Druids and Celtic Britons under Roman rule worshipped Daron, the goddess of the oak tree.  Even the town of Kildare finds its roots in that of the oak tree -- Cill Dara is Irish for "church of the oak"

If I get this model, though, I "fear" that I may end up needing to get Georg as well...
What's a collector supposed to do?  No.  I don't need the original Georg.  For some reason there's something about his head that I don't like, but I do like him in the leopard varnish.  He might be a mold that I pick and choose which models I want to collect on.  Yeah.  That's it.  hahaha.

So what do you all think?  Do you like Oak?

4 comments:

  1. Oak is a must have for me! I don’t conga Epona (Strapless mold), but she sure is pretty. Waiting to see what other offerings will be made before I need to have a pickup done, otherwise I will just buy Oak on the secondary. I believe he’s going to be quite popular...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't conga Strapless either, but only because there's too many now. She came out during my unintentional hiatus, but I really like her coloring. I think you are probably right on the money about Oak being popular. He'll probably sell out all 3 days. I may have to do pick-ups if I'm not able to make myself actually go. The flight is what's holding me back.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for giving such a great information about horse
    these painting are just amazing
    I'm very crazy about horses
    keep doing well.
    custom horse bits

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every one.

That’s not fair! Lol

 Okay…so I was looking at Facebook earlier an say a model that caught my eye.  Now, this isn’t a super new mold,but this is only the, what, ...