Wednesday, January 29, 2020

Collector Club Exclusive...Carter...

Why can't Breyer time these things better so I don't have to make multiple blog posts or posts outside of my one day a week schedule?  hahaha.  I am, of course, just joking.  Mostly.  So, when my lunch break started I went to check Facebook, which is what I often do when it's breaktime.  One of the first things I see on my feed is a post from Breyer about a new model for Collector Club members.  Their post doesn't show the entire horse so I went to the website to look at it...

Meet Carter.  The First Collector Club Exclusive of 2020!  It may still be chilly outside, but there is the promise of warmth on the horizon!  Carter features an exquisite shaded pearly dapple rose grey coat that mimics the color of the sunrise over snow-covered fields.  This athletic Quarter Horse is ready to chase down the day and get to work - no matter the weather!  Whoever (whomever?) wrote the narrative sure likes exclamation points.  hahaha.  There's only 4 comments so far about him on Blab and so far nobody has complained about him, but I expect that to change.  Someone will complain about the pose.  The color.  The dapples.  Etc etc.  Take your pick.  LOL.  Oh well.  I won't be buying him because of the pose.  It's too much of a shelf hog and there's something about the off-side that I don't like, but I can't put my finger on it. Anyway, I more prefer standing models or ones with minimal movement, although don't tell my CWPs, Roxies or Zippos that.

I have to kind of "HUH?" on the description, though.  They say he mimics the color of the sunrise over snow-covered fields.  Now, granted, I'm not super familiar with how that looks in real life, but that isn't what comes to mind when I see this color.  I see nothing "sunrise-y" about it.

Well, that's it for now...again...until the reveal of the 2nd sneak peak.  Or, I guess, if Breyer springs something else on us.  hahaha.  You never know.

**update** I haven't seen any real negative thing about Carter yet other than a concern for "Crapples" (crappy dapples) but someone is taking it upon herself to complain multiple times about the so-called overabundance of Appies, Paints and Pintos, which is kind of redundant.  hahaha.  But really, do you need to whine in every thread about your perception of being drowned in Appies and Paints? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every one.

That’s not fair! Lol

 Okay…so I was looking at Facebook earlier an say a model that caught my eye.  Now, this isn’t a super new mold,but this is only the, what, ...