Tuesday, September 3, 2019

New 2019 Models...

This wasn't the post I had originally planned to make, but that's okay.  The other one will "keep" another couple of days.  Heh heh heh.  In case you haven't noticed, I don't have a regular schedule for blogging.  It just happens whenever things come together or something happens...like the release of some new Breyers.  This is going to be a short post, though, because there's only three photos to share, all of them from Chelseasmodelhorses dot com.

Up first is a decorator.  This photo would've gone better with my post about decorators...
Opals are unique gemstones that can be found in many colors.  Each opal contains an infinite number of iridescent colors and patterns.  Some are bold while others are more subtle, only showing their brilliance with movement or changes in lighting.  Perhaps the most unique of the opal family, the black opal, has a darker base hue that highlights its other colors with red being the most valued.  Some of the most coveted black opals hail from mines in Lightning Ridge, a town in New South Whales, Australia.  Our decorator model, Lightning Ridge, was inspired by the Black Lightning Ridge Opal.  He features a turquoise undercoat with layers of maroon, red and gold metallic.  With a high gloss finish, Lightning Ridge's coat mimics the look of a black opal and is gorgeous from every angle.

Hm.  Something with turquoise in it...again...I kind of conga this mold, but I'm not sure if I like Lightning Ridge.  I will have to think on it some before I decide if I want to buy one.  It's limited to 3,000 pieces so it would have to be a fairly quick decision, I guess.

The next model is one that I will most likely get.  It's also the most obtainable.  It's National Velvet.  I don't have many Classic sized models, but this is one mold that I do like.  Not crazy that it comes with a book, but that's okay.  I can always donate that.  I preferred International Velvet myself.  Didn't they make a traditional sized National Velvet?  In a jumping horse, right?  Or was that Arizona Velvet from the second movie?  I don't remember.  But at least this new horse is more accurate than they had him depicted in the movie International Velvet.  Right?  Wasn't Pie supposed to be a paint?  Pie was short for Piebald.  I don't know.  Regardless, I like paints and I like this model and it's one I'll probably be able to get from Amazon.
Finally, there's the Piece de Resistance...the whole reason why I changed what my next post was going to be about...Khalid...
He will most likely be the most difficult to get.  I don't have access to a brick and mortar store that carries current Breyers.  Not since my dealer closed a couple of years ago after 42 years in the business.  I don't know how I'm going to be able to get my hands on this gorgeous boy at a decent price.  Hopefully someone will take pity on me and do a pick-up.  Just look at him.  I wish his ears were curled inward, like they're supposed to be on Marwari horses, but I guess I can overlook that.  A little.  Hahaha.  It's not something that will cause me extreme stress...maybe just a little.  <wink>  The 2 traditional models are "supposed" to be out sometime in September.  We shall wait and see. 

There's also a couple of models that will be available at Tractor Supply Company but neither of them really appeal to me, which is a shame since there's a bunch of TSCs around so they should be fairly easy to get.

How about you?  What do you think of these 3 models?


4 comments:

  1. me, shannon, here! YES! Yes to all 3 LOL! i conga all three (Destatado, Marwarri, and this Classic that Pie is on-cannot think of the mold name though i like to refer to her as the "Amelia" mold) Ironically i love all three of these offered! Honestly been trying to only collect horses loved on molds conga'd rather than trying to get ALL the horses in ALL the colors as finances and space issues come in to factor! Haha! Take Esprit for instance: i LOVE him and conga him but two of them i just couldn't get meself to like and they are the purple-maned "Year of the Horse" (don't like his orange/yellow/green belly and body)one and St. Moritz (he's stinky!) So i don't have them. At least i am *t*r*y*i*n*g* right?! haha! i will honestly do what i can to pick you up a Mawarri for a good price!

    Also, must have at least two of the three TSC SRs!! The two buckies because Appaloosa for one and because Brishen for the other! Hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha. That doesn't surprise me. With Desatado, I'm only "loosely" conga-ing him. I really need to work on that post... about congas. Soon. ANYWAY...but Marwari is a solid conga for sure. And the Standing TB (national velvet) has only been used a handful of times so I only have maybe 1 or 2 others on that mold. I'm like you. Finances and space are keeping me from buying everything, but I've never been the type of collector who has to have every color on a mold I like. There's some colors I just don't care for or if they made one a unicorn or pegasus, I won't get that. Just like with Pusheen...there's a unicorn one and a mermaid one, but I don't have those because I prefer just the cats, you know? The only exception to my rule is DinoSheen, but I only have small ones of her and not the big one.

      I would be incredibly grateful if you were able to find me a Khalid at a good price.

      Delete
    2. Alright! Will do it! Sorry i am just now getting this! Had to find it again as my computer decided he needed a "nap"! Haha!

      Delete
    3. Smart computer. I wish I could do that. Take a nap right now, I mean. haha.

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every one.

That’s not fair! Lol

 Okay…so I was looking at Facebook earlier an say a model that caught my eye.  Now, this isn’t a super new mold,but this is only the, what, ...