Friday, July 26, 2019

"Losing" Models...

Or whatever you want to call it...Losing.  Misplacing.  Or just forgetting that you have them.  hahaha.  I get 99% of my hobby "news" on ModelHorseBlab and sometimes I'll see something on there that will make me start looking for models I want that maybe I haven't looked for in awhile.  Today was one of those days.  But what I start out looking for often leads to other things.  In a thread I started about a traditional sized model I was thinking of buying, it shifted to other models that I want so I started looking those up because I hadn't looked for any of them in awhile.  Somehow that search switched to Stablemates, which led to this post.

I conga the Valegro mold on both sizes and I already know there's traditional size models I don't have, but I wasn't sure if there were any SM size and briefly thought there was one I didn't have so I went to ebay to see if there was one for sale there.  And there was.  And then I saw the packaging and it looked familiar:
gotfreeshipping.com
I KNOW I've seen that packaging before and I was pretty sure it was in my room.  But the color didn't look familiar.  And I certainly didn't recognize the model.  hahaha.  But still, I decided to hold off on buying one until I could look at home to see if maybe I do have it and I'm just not remembering the color of the box correctly.

Smaller packaged models, it's easy to misplace or forget about, but what about when it comes in a larger package?  I also conga the Dungaree mold as mentioned in another post.  I have one on my desk at work
It's from the Horse Crazy Surprise Series 2.  I was able to successfully feel up the bags as WalMart to find the ones I wanted.  Anyway, so I looked at IDYB to see who I may have missed from that mold and saw the Western Play Set with a really neat appy.
which is really a two-fer since I also conga the other mold.  But wait.  Don't I already have that one?  So I went to Amazon and looked in my purchase history.  Yup.  I have it.  BUT...I don't know where it is.  I have a couple of ideas, but I'm not entirely sure of it's exact location.  The only model I'm missing on this mold is the one from the Spirit blind bags, but I don't like the weird eyebrows they all have.  I like the paint pattern on her, but I can't get past those eyebrows.

I really need to get my act together and straighten up my collection so I know who I have and who I need.  It's a good thing Dungaree / Loping Quarter Horse is still relatively new and not a whole lot has been released on her yet or who knows how many duplicates I'd end up with.  hahaha.  If I was capable of customizing a model, it wouldn't be a big deal.  But a 5 year old can paint better than me.

So what about you?  Have you ever misplaced/lost/forgotten you had a model?

4 comments:

  1. i know what you mean by needing to "organize" the herd to be sure of what you already have vs what do you really "need"? Haha! i lost a grey G1 Arab mare somewhere...i looked and looked for her. Never found her and i wonder if i'll get serious about tracking her down again...And on the Spirit SMs, it is hard to like the eyebrows, true, but some of the colors and molds are irresistible and so i get them! Grrr! Haha! i wish i had more willpower to abstain from buying the horse just because i conga him or her! And i conga those as well, Brenda, the Valegro in both sizes and the Dungaree or loping quarter horse. Ack! Too many horses! Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha. I'm glad to know I'm not the only one. The "problem" with Stablemates is that once they're out of their packaging and put on a shelf or something, they're even easier to misplace than something like the Western Play Set. I have next week off from work and I'm going to try to use some of that time to get my collection back in order. Maybe I can "shave" (aka paint over very carefully) those hideous eyebrows on the Spirit models...if I'm careful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i hope you are enjoying your vacay, Brenda! i just opened my whole box of Spirit Series II. And most of the eyebrows don't show up too much-only on Chica Linda! i am first going to try applying strong rubbing alcohol with a Qtip and then maybe a dab of WD40 if that doesn't get it. i hope i don't have to paint over them, though! That will be really aggravating! i was also very bummed that i got 4 duplicates and was missing 4 horses from my box! :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How did the rubbing alcohol work? Were you able to get rid of the eyebrows?

      I did enjoy it, thank you, although I didn't get anything done that I wanted to...like anything with my models. lol.

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every one.

That’s not fair! Lol

 Okay…so I was looking at Facebook earlier an say a model that caught my eye.  Now, this isn’t a super new mold,but this is only the, what, ...