Thursday, July 25, 2019

Shrunken Down Traditional Models...

I think I've seen this topic on Blab before, but I wouldn't swear to it.  I'm talking about taking a traditional size mold and shrinking it down to Stablemate size.  For the 30th anniversary last week at Breyerfest, they did something like that, although I don't know that all of the horses were SM size of traditional models
On the top row in the middle is Carrick or the Walking Thoroughbred.  Below Oliver on the 2nd row is Gooitzen Fan Teakesyl.  Bottom right is Mariah's Boon and in the 3rd row on the left is supposed to be Imperador Das Aguas but they used an existing mold for him and for Mariah's Boon.  Actually, they  also did it with Gooitzen (I keep wanting to call him by one of his many nicknames lol).  I think Brass Hat is the only "new" mold, right?  I don't know.  I don't recognize the pose unless it's from the 2019 Stablemate club.  I dropped out of the club because I was selling more of the models than I was keeping.  Anyway, so my point is...do I have a point?  Oh yeah.  So.  I would like to see Breyer shrink down traditional sized models into Stablemate size.  Who would I like to see them shrink?  That's easy:

Lady Phase
Idocus
Cantering Welsh Pony
San Domingo
Mesteno
Stud Spider
Appaloosa Performance Horse

Those are the molds I mostly collect these days, although my Mesteno conga is only 2 models strong.  Or should that be "weak"?  hahaha.  I am probably missing one or two molds to add.  Maybe Roxy?  I loosely conga her so it would be fun to have her in Stablemate size.  Or even Zippo Pine Bar.

Who would YOU like to see shrunken down to SM size?  Or even as a flip...who on the Stablemate molds would you like to see be made as a Traditional?  That's not quite as easy for me to come up with some because part of the reason I like them is the size and I don't think it would be quite as cute as a larger model.  Take the Andalusian that first premiered in 2014 at the Breyerfest 25th anniversary as Chrome
I don't know.  Maybe he would make a decent Traditional-sized model... And then there's Dungaree, whom also debuted at the same Breyerfest
But there's already a couple of molds who resemble her already.  Maybe not exactly, but enough that we probably don't need another.  But the Clydesdale Stallion would be fun as a Traditional...
Wouldn't he?

Who else?


2 comments:

  1. i kinda prefer that Breyer just take "likeness" molds to paint mini-mees of the traditionals rather than make mini-molds of the big guys! In my opinion they have too many molds already and i cannot collect them all although i wish i could! Space and finances prevent it, though! HAHA! That said, i must admit i LOVE the mini Bozo, mini Mag, and the mini Brishen! And on the reverse, i think i like the stablemates as stablemates and would not prefer to see them big as in "Traditional's size".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fair enough. And that actually gives me an idea for another blog post so thank you! hahaha. And I think I would have to agree with you to a degree. They do have a LOT of different molds already so adding more to them may not be in the best interest of the hobby. But I think a lot of people always get excited for a new pose rather than just painting a different pattern/color on an existing one. Hmmm. I could see it going either way. Thank you for your comments!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every one.

That’s not fair! Lol

 Okay…so I was looking at Facebook earlier an say a model that caught my eye.  Now, this isn’t a super new mold,but this is only the, what, ...