Tuesday, September 7, 2021

Chasing the Chase…

 Chase piece, that is.  

Since I have “strict” guidelines for what, if any, decorators I buy, I’m usually happy with getting the regular colored model from whatever Stablemate blind bag I get and for traditional size, if it comes in both matte and glossy, I’m happy with whichever one I get.  I don’t feel the need to have both.  I still need the copper Django and one of these days I will get him.

But this post is about a more recent chase piece that I saw even before the original and it was instant love…

Isn’t she so shiny and pretty?  And she also comes in a chestnut color as the standard…

Also in the photo is a new color for Valegro, although I don’t see any difference between this one and the original.  Both have 4.white socks and a stripe down the face.  I guess I’d have to do a side-by-side comparison to see.  Valegro is the only SM mold I have a complete conga of with the exception of one…only 11 were made of Top Hat and Tails…

He’s got the same pattern as SMC Aiden, but I still wouldn’t mind having him.  But back to the Dungaree / loping qh mold…I have an almost complete conga of her and she should be easier to “finish” since I already have the special run they made of her for a collector’s club event a few years ago.  Anyway, I’m only missing Boomerang from the Spirit blind bag collection…

and then the two new ones.  I like it when a new mold comes out that I want to conga.  You’re getting in on the ground floor and it’s easier to acquire them, in my opinion.  You don’t have to spend so much time trying to find the older one ones you want.  The potential drawback is having to wait for new ones to come out.

Something confuses me about the numbering, though.  The package says Series 3, but according to Google search, Series 3 has a completely different set of models.  And what I want to know is…is this a TSC exclusive, a Walmart exclusive or will you be able to get it from a retailer?  I would rather try to buy in person so I can feel up the bags.  I may not be able to tell which might be the regular Dungaree as opposed to the regular one, but I can tell if it’s a Dungaree or Valegro.

Well, I guess that’s it for now.  Til next time!

2 comments:

  1. (shan here) Oh wow! i feel like a dufis! i thought the Loping Quarter Horse SM was a guy horse, lol. But you said "She's so shiny and so pretty"...Oops! i cannot believe myself sometimes. i, too, love this mold, though i don't have them all. i also must admit i am not quite as much a fan of these new shiny chase prices; they remind me of Easter pastel tinfoil. Which is fine for candy eggs but for lil plastic horses? Eh? Not my cuppa, lol. All that said, i'd still like one of each of those Series 3 TSC SMs...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well it’s good to know you can show some restraint. Lol

    As for the gender….Breyer tends to change it themselves on the model. I tend to misgender because I don’t remember the original one so it’s no big deal. I’m surprised I remember dungaree was a female

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every one.

That’s not fair! Lol

 Okay…so I was looking at Facebook earlier an say a model that caught my eye.  Now, this isn’t a super new mold,but this is only the, what, ...