Thursday, March 4, 2021

Ohhhhh so tempting...

 Exclusively for Collector Club Members... Denim, the first test fun of 2021...

Exclusively for Breyer Collector Club members!  Breyer test fun models are initial decos painted up to see how a particular color might look on a particular sculpture.  Or, they may be created to test out a painting technique or new colorway.  Not all test run models are used and they may vary over time as different painting techniques are developed and tested.  Each model has a fixed price and interested members enter a random draw for the ability to purchase the test piece.

Lady Phase is a fan favorite model.  First introduced in 1976, she's 45 this year!!  In 2013, Lady Phase donned a denim blue pinto coat and was a BreyerFest special edition of 800 named Twill...
This piece was a test created in solid denim with a glossy coat - the option not selected!  She does not have any white markings and is in excellent condition overall with some minor wear...
I hesitate to list the price here.  I think it's the highest any test run has been put at and I don't know if it's because she's in better shape than all of the others or because Breyer seems to be increasing the prices.  The first SEVERAL test pieces were $800 and then the last one was, what, $1000?  I tried looking it up but I couldn't find the information.  I don't even remember what mold it was.  Aside from the Wedgewood Stud Spider, this is the only model I've had the slightest interest in entering for because I conga this mold (and the Stud Spider).  This model is $1,100!  And while I really like Lady Phase, I don't think I will risk entering for it.  The driver side window on my car needs to be fixed and if I'm not willing to pay the $800 for that, I have no business paying $1100 for a piece of plastic.  My brother says he can get it fixed for a lot less than that and thinks I should "when" (I say "if") we get that $1400 stimulus check and I probably will.  It's inconvenient having to open my door every time I go through a drive-thru (bank/fast food/whatever).

I don't know.  I kind of like the solid Twill more than the paint one.  Kind of.  I like the gloss, which is unusual for me.  I'm more of a matte person, but some models do look better in gloss.  Too bad they hadn't gone with the gloss when they made Twill.  I definitely like the face better on the test run.  I'm not a huge fan of a lot of white.  A solid "white" (grey...don't get me started!) is fine, but I'm talking like paints.  I don't like a lot of white on paints and only a little color.  I prefer it the other way around or an equal amount.  I'm also not a big fan of a lot of white on the face or for the white to come down on the sides like that.  Oh well.  I'm also more of a fan of the short-tailed LP.  She looks unbalanced to me with the long tail, for some reason.  Anyway, I was gifted the Twill by some Blabbers back in 2013.  It was my very first PIF and I hadn't even signed up for it.  The PIF thread, I mean.  So it was quite a surprise when it arrived.  But I digress...

I am supposed to go back to Las Vegas next month for sort of a "redo" of my September trip, but the past few days I haven't really been feeling it.  I am not feeling any excitement about it.  But then I have brief spurts of "Yeah.  Let's go!! ("let's" is a relative term since I'd be going alone and that implies other people going with me).

Back to the test piece.  I think I know of at least one person who will be entering for it.  hahaha.  She's the only one I know who loves the mold more than I do!

Okay.  I guess that's it for now.  Till next time!



2 comments:

  1. Hiya Brenda! And Holy Batman Boots, what’s with the price hike? I really wish Breyer would keep the test piece prices more affordable (under 1K) for collectors. I believe the prices will continue to rise, probably in $100 increments. Those prices will cut collectors out from getting a shot at a test piece, which is unfortunate.
    I too like Denim better than Twill; I would like to see this test color used on an obtainable model.
    Maybe as time moves closer to your Vegas trip you’ll feel more excited about it. I hope it goes well and that you’ll have a wonderful trip.
    I think I know who you’re talking about wanting the test piece! I hope she wins it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, Krista! Yeah. Unfortunately as long as people clamor to enter for the test models, Breyer will likely keep raising the price. I’ve seen others comment the same thing as well. I have to wonder, though, how many of these test runs have gone to people who have actually kept them in their collection and how many were “flipped” for even more money. I know she has acquired a couple, either because she won or someone sold it to her, but they have so far stayed in her collection. If she ends up entering, I will keep my fingers crossed she wins.

      That is probably what I will do. See if the excitement comes back to me for the trip enough to go. I asked my brother last night if it would be okay if I went...because of our mom...and he said yes. We will see. Thank you for the encouragement.

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every one.

That’s not fair! Lol

 Okay…so I was looking at Facebook earlier an say a model that caught my eye.  Now, this isn’t a super new mold,but this is only the, what, ...