Thursday, June 25, 2020

70th Anniversary SM Chase Pieces “Revealed”...

Well, a couple of people have discovered what the Chase and Super Chase pieces are for Breyer’s 70th anniversary edition of Stablemate blind bags are and Alborozo isn’t either one of them.  I know I don’t usually post on Thursdays...wait...it IS Thursday, isn’t it?  Hahahaha...but if I waited until next Wednesday to blog about, it will be old news.  Besides, I have what I hope is a fun and unique topic for my next Wednesday post.  No hints, though, you’ll just have to tune in to find out what it is.  Teehee.

So, we don’t know which is the Chase and which is the Super Chase, but I’m really hoping the first one is the Super Chase because I don’t really care for the mold, neither Traditional size nor SM a size...

Mini Brishen...
Several people have likened it to a hood ornament because of its shiney-ness.  When I first saw it, my thoughts went to the metal horses you used to be able to win at Legend City in Phoenix.  Legend City was an amusement park on the Phoenix / Tempe border that was open for only 20 years from 1963-1983.  They had a lot of fun rides such as a Log Flume, a sky ride, a car ride plus an arcade area.  One of the games in the arcade was a horse racing one where your prize was different sizes of these little copper horses.  I wish I still had one of the many I’d won.  Anyway, as you played more and beat more people, you could trade up to a larger horses and one of them was a silver horse and that’s what the Brishen reminds me of, even though the prize horses weren’t nearly as shiny as mini Brishen.

The other Chase piece is the one of the two I want the most so it’ll probably be the Super Chase, knowing my luck.  It’s a blue and yellow Florentine Indian Pony...
I’ve seen a lot of comments about the yellow appearance and people saying they hope it’s not as yellow in person.  Some people don’t care.  I don’t care.  And while technically this Indian Pony is considered a decorator, it is what I consider a “realistic decorator” because, color aside, it resembles an Appaloosa pattern.  

I don’t know if I’m going to try to find an entire case to buy and then sell the extras / models I don’t want or what.  Since this IP is a chase piece, finding it for sale at a reasonable price on the secondary market will not be cheap.  The one in the photo is on eBay and is already commanding a pretty penny.

Well, that is it for now.  Make sure you tune in next Wednesday for a new feature that is different from the one I had yesterday...mostly.  Oops.  I’ve said too much.  Until then...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every one.

That’s not fair! Lol

 Okay…so I was looking at Facebook earlier an say a model that caught my eye.  Now, this isn’t a super new mold,but this is only the, what, ...